Hanover, IL
Is anyone aware of a hepa filter for a l6060 cabin filter

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
In a nutshell. no. Why would you want one on a tractor anyway?

Reactions: 1 user

Lukemon

Equipment
L6060, Land Pride RCR 1872" rotary mower, Grapple, Box Scraper, Wood Chipper
Aug 12, 2020
Hanover, IL
In a nutshell. no. Why would you want one on a tractor anyway?
Well, my wife the tractor operator has asthma, and a Hepa would make it way better for her. That way she won't have to use a nebulizer after a day in the fields.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well, my wife the tractor operator has asthma, and a Hepa would make it way better for her. That way she won't have to use a nebulizer after a day in the fields.

She still will because... No tractor's cab is sealed against outside air infiltration. In fact, most are quite 'drafty'. Every place a control cable or lever intrudes into the cabin space, outside air, which is usually dusty or laden with plant matter, enters.

If you somehow think a tractor cab is hermetically sealed against outside air infiltration, you are very mistaken.

Her best bet is to use an activated carbon pre filter on the cab air intake and wear an N95 mask in the cab when driving it.... if she's that susceptible to an episode.

I'm a chronic asthmatic and have been for years and I don't need to be on my nebulizer or dose on an inhaler if I'm careful about what I breathe in. I find that when running a dusty harvest operation, keeping the cab ac in fresh mode and pressurizing the cabin as much as possible as well as keeping the doors and windows closed as much as possible does just fine for me.
If I need to exit the tractor for some reason, I put on a mask. When getting back in, I remove it.

In my view you are way over complicating the issues. A HEPA Filter isn't going to happen for any Kubota unless you have it made specifically for you. Activated carbon yes, pleated paper, yes.

In your case, PPE is much more realistic and affordable.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
I have this Germ Guardian HEPA filter on a shelf above the litterbox...

I do not know how many amps it pulls, but it can't be much...

Small 12 volt power converter, presto...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have this Germ Guardian HEPA filter on a shelf above the litterbox...

I do not know how many amps it pulls, but it can't be much...

Small 12 volt power converter, presto...
I think that that would be money well spent. Bungee cord that in the space behind the seat and crank the fan up.