L6060 Air Ride Seat & Stationary PTO

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I have a 2019 L6060 HSTC Grand with a OEM (Grammer) air ride seat. I understand that this factory option technically disables the stationary PTO function. You cannot tilt the air ride seat up to operate the PTO in stationary mode, and Kubota offers no official solution. I also know that if I place a jumper wire across the blue and black wires that the seat harness plugs into, I can set the brake, engage the PTO and leave the operators station with the PTO continuing to run. The only time I want to operate the PTO in stationary mode is with a PTO driven wood chipper. For all other tractor operations, I would prefer to leave the seat switch operational, rather than having it jumped out all the time. I want to install a two position rocker switch in the cab, where one position is normal operation (original seat switch wiring), and the second position with the seat switch jumped, for wood chipper operations. I'm having a hard time figuring it out, and was looking for some help. Has anyone ever installed a switch for this? I appreciate any assistance offered.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Interesting. Both my M's have the OPC but I can engage the pto and get out of the seat. When I do, a beeper sounds for about 15 seconds and thats it. I run a grain leg with mine so I have to be out of the tractor to feed the intake hopper.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
Interesting. Both my M's have the OPC but I can engage the pto and get out of the seat. When I do, a beeper sounds for about 15 seconds and thats it. I run a grain leg with mine so I have to be out of the tractor to feed the intake hopper.
On my L6060 HSTC (with a factory Grammer air ride seat), with the current factory wiring, if I get off the seat while the PTO is engaged (even with brake set) the tractor shuts Off and an OPC message is displayed on the dash.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have a 2019 L6060 HSTC Grand with a OEM (Grammer) air ride seat. I understand that this factory option technically disables the stationary PTO function. You cannot tilt the air ride seat up to operate the PTO in stationary mode, and Kubota offers no official solution. I also know that if I place a jumper wire across the blue and black wires that the seat harness plugs into, I can set the brake, engage the PTO and leave the operators station with the PTO continuing to run. The only time I want to operate the PTO in stationary mode is with a PTO driven wood chipper. For all other tractor operations, I would prefer to leave the seat switch operational, rather than having it jumped out all the time. I want to install a two position rocker switch in the cab, where one position is normal operation (original seat switch wiring), and the second position with the seat switch jumped, for wood chipper operations. I'm having a hard time figuring it out, and was looking for some help. Has anyone ever installed a switch for this? I appreciate any assistance offered.
A simple ON/OFF rocker switch or any SPST (single pole/single throw) switch should do what you want. Just connect the switch contacts across those blue and black seat harness wires wherever its most convenient to do so. Label the switch's "open" position NORMAL and the "closed" position "Chipper" or whatever you'd want to call it. Maybe "Seat Safety Bypass" might be more appropriate.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
A simple ON/OFF rocker switch or any SPST (single pole/single throw) switch should do what you want. Just connect the switch contacts across those blue and black seat harness wires wherever its most convenient to do so. Label the switch's "open" position NORMAL and the "closed" position "Chipper" or whatever you'd want to call it. Maybe "Seat Safety Bypass" might be more appropriate.
Thank you. Nice and simple. I was overthinking it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have the optional (in 2004) Grammer air ride swivel seat as well. Not overly fond of it.