L48 BT1100 Backhoe Fixing bushing play

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That answers a lot of my questions on how those holes are bored in awkward situations! thank you
I prefer to disassemble and jig up versus using a portable boring machine because one, I don't own one and two, not buying one. If a job required a portable boring machine, I would pass on it.

Nice thing about Kubota welded in bushings is, I can indicate from the existing OD to center the tool to cut the bushing hole and take advantage of the fact that Kubota jig welded them in the first place so alignment isn't an issue, the alignment coordinates are already there. They aren't on that JCB in the video because the arms are tweaked. which necessitates a through line bore to get the alignment. I would always pass on a job like that.

The JCB I'm getting this week has never been abused or tweaked, it's just in need of new bushings. Easy job and it don't need taken apart either. Fulcrum pins removed, parts separated enough to remove the bushings and new bushings installed. The bushings are a light press fit. A stout C clamp and bushing driver will remove them. if need be, I have a 12 ton hydraulic bushing press tool but I think a C clamp will be fine.

12251hd

Equipment
M6800, L35, RTV
Nov 23, 2018
Woodbridge, VA
I'm not familiar with the L48 BH pin/bushing set up, but I just had a local mech change out the bushings and pins on my L35 BH. Bushings are pressed in and held by a small bolt. Most came out somewhat easy; he had to cut lower center bushing out with a Dremel. Good luck.

F2036

Jan 25, 2014
Bondurant Ia
I have a B7100 with loader and backhoe that I have been rebuilding.
The bachoe has a Kubota sticker on it but my dealer says that it is not a Kubota backhoe, and they never made a model to fit my B7100.
It is labeled KUW200 or B670 I have figured out that it was made by Arps.
Anyway, the bushings that I have needed so far I have been able to buy from McMaster Carr at a resonable price, just press the old ones out and the new ones in, and they work just fine.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Your dealer is wrong. It may have been built by another company but was sold as a Kubota. You can see the parts list on the official Kubota parts web site.