L47TLB I just bought

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
I just went over a L47TLB that I just bought from Messicks in Carlisle PA. I go over every vehicle that I buy, car, truck, motorcycle or tractor, as most dealers don't check anything.

I found zero fluids low on the tractor, even the dreaded front axle was full to the check hole. If I wanted to be picky, I could say that there was a bit of grease ooze at the joints, but everything was greased with moly grease. Even the fuel tank was full.

I would not hesitate to buy another tractor from them. Great price and great people to deal with. Unlike my local dealer here in WV, five miles from my house. I had to wake him up (not kidding about that) and once that was accomplished, I was put on the bottom of page 6 of a legal pad that had two columns of names and phone numbers on it. ETA for that tractor was two years at least, as they are popular, at least according to State Equipment in Cross Lanes WV.

I asked the dealer for an approximate price and was told that because these tractors are so popular, they could knock a grand off LIST PRICE. Big of them.

Messicks gave me a price $13K under list and an ETA of ten weeks. The tractor came in eight weeks. While I was there I bought spare filters and fluid, because my local dealer will never get any of my business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Unfortunately, all dealers are not created equal. I’m fortunate to have two good dealers within 45 minutes, but I’d have no hesitation driving a couple hours past a bad one to get to a good one.

Reactions: 2 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
If you don’t post a pic, it didn’t even happen..

Reactions: 2 users

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Nice, let me know if your rear zerk on the front pivot bracket accepts grease, not the zerk, just seems to not accept any grease.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That baby is way too clean, take it out and get it dirty! 😜

Congrats that one mighty fine looking machine!

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Awesome machine!

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Use the auto level with the FEL, I have had some large boulders almost come out on top of me when I over tilted when lifting the FEL. Its a BEAST.

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Use the auto level with the FEL, I have had some large boulders almost come out on top of me when I over tilted when lifting the FEL. Its a BEAST.
I'm still learning the in's and out's of the machine. The speed control pedal takes a bit of getting used to, as I came off a 67 Case 680CK shuttle shift. I would say that the L62TLB would give that Case a run for her money in everything except sheer weight. I'll check on the auto level feature, thank you.

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
The pivot bracket is the middle of your front axle, there is a front zerk where you remove a plug bolt to release grease, but the rear zerk dosent accept grease for whatever reason.
The auto level keeps the bucket load from falling on you as you lift the FEL, lift the FEL high and you will see what I mean.
My old tractor was a 1970 500C, 14,000lbs, the FEL could hold over 1 yard, was rear wheel drive only, Its hard to beat a full size construction tractor, but 4x4 and much newer I will be able to enjoy it much more in retirement and be able to transport in my dump trailer for family to use.
It just gets thing done a little slower.
I could not justify the $ for grabbing bucket, so I am happy with the debris forks I got from Titan, lift whole fallen trees with them.

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
The pivot bracket is the middle of your front axle, there is a front zerk where you remove a plug bolt to release grease, but the rear zerk dosent accept grease for whatever reason.
The auto level keeps the bucket load from falling on you as you lift the FEL, lift the FEL high and you will see what I mean.
My old tractor was a 1970 500C, 14,000lbs, the FEL could hold over 1 yard, was rear wheel drive only, Its hard to beat a full size construction tractor, but 4x4 and much newer I will be able to enjoy it much more in retirement and be able to transport in my dump trailer for family to use.
It just gets thing done a little slower.
I could not justify the $ for grabbing bucket, so I am happy with the debris forks I got from Titan, lift whole fallen trees with them.
I neglected to check those fittings. I will check them and let you know what I find.

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
I neglected to check those fittings. I will check them and let you know what I find.
I checked mine today and both were greased and accept grease. Perhaps the rear bushing in yours has been installed with the grease hole off register? If it's still under warranty I'd make the dealer fix it.

Reactions: 1 users

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
"The speed control pedal takes a bit of getting used to, as I came off a 67 Case 680CK shuttle shift."

I found this mod. a big help.

91C96545-EA87-4AF1-ADDD-6846C12C02C4_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
"The speed control pedal takes a bit of getting used to, as I came off a 67 Case 680CK shuttle shift."

I found this mod. a big help.

View attachment 98965
I looked at the speed control pedal on my tractor and wondered why they put the ear on the forward end of the pedal on the outboard side. I guess they think everyone has a 40 inch inseam? I was thinking along the lines of what you did. Have to get my lathe and mill set up and see what I can cobble up. Thank you for the suggestion.

Actually, the trouble with the speed control pedal I was referring to was how it works directly opposite to the shuttle shift. Press the pedal down on the shuttle shift and you get more engine rpm, and more power. On this hydro unit you get more speed and less power. Plus the L47 is about 5 tons lighter. It takes a lot to stop 9 tons of rolling mass.

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
I looked at the speed control pedal on my tractor and wondered why they put the ear on the forward end of the pedal on the outboard side.

I think the ear may be a carryover from the brake pedals being located on the right side on some models.
I was going to cut it off, but since it doesn't interfere with operation I let it be.