L4760 counter weight

Psufan

Equipment
Tbd
Dec 30, 2021
Pa
Guys I’m going to be ordering a L4760 open station with loader. I’m planning to get filled tires. To be able to effectively use the loader to its potential Do I need wheel weights? Do I need a ballast box?
Any help would be great

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
1) will the loader stay on 24/7

2) I'd say make/buy a 'carryall' and put weight on skids(1 light, 2nd heavy)

When you need extra ballast,put carryall on, grab a skid of weight based on what you need for the job.

filled tires would be fine for 'light' loads.
wheel weights are ,kinda , permanent.....
ballast box, generally is ONE weight..
carryall..easy to get on/off as needed, and ballast can be 'dialed in'

what you choose should be based upon actual use at the time. it'd be cruel to the tractor to have to carry 1234# around ALL the time.

Psufan

Equipment
Tbd
Dec 30, 2021
Pa
1) will the loader stay on 24/7

2) I'd say make/buy a 'carryall' and put weight on skids(1 light, 2nd heavy)

When you need extra ballast,put carryall on, grab a skid of weight based on what you need for the job.

filled tires would be fine for 'light' loads.
wheel weights are ,kinda , permanent.....
ballast box, generally is ONE weight..
carryall..easy to get on/off as needed, and ballast can be 'dialed in'

what you choose should be based upon actual use at the time. it'd be cruel to the tractor to have to carry 1234# around ALL the time.
The loader will be on all the time for sure. The carryall is a good idea…. Do I still need wheel weights then?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Loaded tires and wheel weights do nothing as FEL ballast. They will improve the stability of the tractor from side to side but it does nothing to relieve the weight put on the front axle by the FEL. Ballast must be low and behind the rear axle to be affective as ballast.