L4701 I am an idiot how screwed am I ?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wanted to update everyone. New engine is running like a champ! The guys at Navasota Kubota were great to work with. I even added a third function and bought a Grappler. Love the grappler well worth it. Learning something new every time I am running the tractor. 4 wheel drive is a must on most applications. I would never own a tractor without it. They never said what happened with the motor but I am going to check to see if they have heard anything. Now to figure out what other attachments I want to buy!!
Check your front axle oil level right-away. Seeing that you’re enjoying running that front axle…Lots of ‘em are delivered low on oil. (Super UDT2 is the factory fluid.) After the first oil-change in that axle it’s permissable to use 80W90 gear oil.

It’s noteworthy that Kubota stood behind their engine….even tho’ you are the THIRD owner and it was OUT of warranty…. It speaks well of Kubota giving care to their reputation. That reputation is a Major reason I bought a Kubota instead of one of those other colors which are made only gawd-knows-where and hide behind proprietary Green/Yellow software.

Happy ending to the story….and Great Customer Service from WC Tractor in Navasota Texas!

Last edited:

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Sometimes a coincidence is just that. I am happy that it all worked out for the best. Your dealer certainly deserves all of the praise that they receive. They could have very easily dumped the whole mess in your lap.

Reactions: 1 users