L4060 HST open station

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
L4060 HST open station underside protection?

wondering if anyone has any kind of underside protection....even just minor. there are several hydraulic hoses that just seem to hang down, I zip-tied them up the other day because they were so low I was worried I would snag on something, now most of my work area is pasture and some rocks, I've rarely had to worry about running into a rock that far out of the ground. but it begs the question, how tough is the underside of a Grand L series tractor. and does anyone make a skidplate if they are vulnerable. I imagine there are fans for the HST down there somewhere.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Give it a chance, dont forget most guys and gals have a job so you might not get an answer right away. Im not sure but if you get underneath you can see what needs to be protected, and that way you get to know your tractor a little bit better too. Im sure someone will jump in as there are people in here that have forgotten more, than other like my self know

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No factory or aftermarket makers of skid plates for these.

You would have to fabricate your own.

I don't think your HST has a fan, that's mainly a BX or B issue.

IMHO, If your getting into things harry enough to do damage to the undercarriage you need to not do it!
Or if you want a hardened tractor version look at the TLB series of tractors, they have more protection, or better yet look at a skid steer, they are super tough! ;)