L3901

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Hi all, I just started reading the threads on here & found them to be pretty interesting.
I currently have an L3901 on order with the 60" rotary cutter, BB1266 Scraper 72" rear blade, and had a subframe install for the bh77 backhoe (which I will get in a cple months). Also, getting the top & tilt, & 4 in 1 bucket.
I think I've asked the sales guy all the questions I have at the moment. Would there be anything else you all feel I would need on this rig? I read about wheel spacers but unsure of the purpose of these, is this something that would benefit my operation?
Any other pointers anyone can offer is appreciated.
I was told the equipment should be here tomorrow but not sure if that means the implements or everything ordered.
Also, prior to getting the backhoe, I'm getting a shed & thinking of a 20'x30'. Is this too small?

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Are you getting R1's or R4's? If R4's you might want to get wheel spacers. If you are getting R4's, you can set them wide by changing the way the rim and hub are set up.

jk96

Equipment
L6060
Oct 17, 2019
St. Joseph
Really liking the top and tilt on my new tractor. Can't believe I've never added that in the past. Also I would give some thought on how much you actually would use the backhoe. Seems like it would be a pain to take on/off and store. Curious how many owners get their investment out of their backhoe? I have 80 acres and also a business with another 12 acres. Lots of mixed usage on the tractor. Even with many projects I have only rented a mini-x maybe 8 times in the last 15 years. Price of the kubota backhoe covers a whole lot of rentals.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Wheel spacers move the wheels out a bit further from the tractor to give a bit more stability from side to side. Newer Kubota L series wheels can be moved to one of three positions, spacing them further from the tractor. That was what the R1 vs R4 discussion was about. They're different type and width tires. Both are options on your tractor. I believe the R1 (standard agricultural) is standard. The R4 is probably a few dollars more.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I use my pallet forks as much as any other attachment. It's surprising how often they come in handy.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Loaded tires, a bucket level indicator and telescopic rear link arms.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Quick attach SSQA for the bucket.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Newer Kubota L series wheels can be moved to one of three positions, spacing them further from the tractor.
When I put R1's, I just mean plural R1.

As far as I know, only the R1's are have adjustable rims and hubs. I think there are five ways you can set the rim and hub to change the spacing.

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Until I saw how your town got its name, I was going to say "a cab":D

Telescopic stabilizers make connecting implements much easier. Telescopic arms even more so, but they might get pretty pricey.

Had tractors with loaders since 2002 and the last one (bought used last December) was the first to have a QA bucket. Never thought it would be worthwhile. Less than a month after getting it, the QA and third function valve were very useful for a home-brew snow plow. Now I'm thinking of more uses for the QA.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Really liking the top and tilt on my new tractor. Can't believe I've never added that in the past. Also I would give some thought on how much you actually would use the backhoe. Seems like it would be a pain to take on/off and store. Curious how many owners get their investment out of their backhoe? I have 80 acres and also a business with another 12 acres. Lots of mixed usage on the tractor. Even with many projects I have only rented a mini-x maybe 8 times in the last 15 years. Price of the kubota backhoe covers a whole lot of rentals.
That's cool on top & tilt. Yeah, the backhoe is pretty expensive but I'm on 42 acres & there are areas that really need dirt so I want to relocate dirt in higher areas. Also, I have very few trees on my ppty, only Juniper Berry & I want to plant trees around my property & also install some hydrants so I feel a back hoe would be handy. From vids I saw, it seems pretty easy to attach & detatch.
The only drawback is space. I'm thinking of a 20x30 or 30x30 shed for my equipment.

Last edited:

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Until I saw how your town got its name, I was going to say "a cab":D

Telescopic stabilizers make connecting implements much easier. Telescopic arms even more so, but they might get pretty pricey.

Had tractors with loaders since 2002 and the last one (bought used last December) was the first to have a QA bucket. Never thought it would be worthwhile. Less than a month after getting it, the QA and third function valve were very useful for a home-brew snow plow. Now I'm thinking of more uses for the QA.
"a cab"??
I thought the QA was standard on the L3901, no?

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Figure out the largest shed you can afford and then build bigger. Might buy you a few extra years before adding on. You can never build them big enough.
What^^^ he said. Get the biggest you can afford.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Make a drawing to scale of what ever size barn you want. Then make cutouts of the stuff you want to put in it. Tractor with the loader on it, toolbox, fridge, etc. Place them in the barn and watch how quickly it fills up. The tractor plus fel plus the mower would be 7 foot by 25 foot just by its self. The toolbox. lawn mower, etc eat up space in a hurry. Don't forget walling spaces etc.

Poof the space is full!!!!!

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
Make a drawing to scale of what ever size barn you want. Then make cutouts of the stuff you want to put in it. Tractor with the loader on it, toolbox, fridge, etc. Place them in the barn and watch how quickly it fills up. The tractor plus fel plus the mower would be 7 foot by 25 foot just by its self. The toolbox. lawn mower, etc eat up space in a hurry. Don't forget walling spaces etc.

Yeah, guess I know what you mean, I'll do that. I got a gun safe & that filled up real quick, I'm glad I purchased a large one. Was going to get o e that fit 14 firearms & bought the one with a 32 gun capacity & that's filled already.

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake

How much space is needed for the BH77 backhoe?