L3830 wont rev up

Asphaltman

May 6, 2009
San Antonio
i have a l3830 and it wont rev up apast 1400 rpm ive changed the oil and filter the fuel filter the air filter ive check all the fuel lines it blows a little smoke at start up but thats normal it runs good up to about 1400 rpm but win it gets there it just acts like it hit the govner and i check the throttle and it presses all the way down and the rod moves the little thing (dont know what its called) all the way to the bolt any help would be nice thanks first time on here :)

Asphaltman

May 6, 2009
San Antonio
i was not there when it first happened but they told me it ran out of fuel so they filled it up and bleed the lines and after that it start running like that i was there when we unloaded the tractor that morning and it ran fine... left for about a hour they called and sayed it ran out of fuel when i came back they had it running but it would not rev up

conquistador

Equipment
L2050DT and Hopefully Soon M5660 SUHD
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Hey, don't know if this helps any, but I did the same thing with my L2050. I had just bought it, had it delivered, and was merrily riding around on it (grinning like a kid on Christmas morning by the way.) Anyway, I never checked the fuel level and ran it out. I refilled and got it running but it would do nothing other than idle. I left it alone and let it idle, thinking it had air in the lines and needed time to bleed itself out. After a while, I was able to bump the throttle up some. Eventually, after about 30-45 minutes of idling and then increasing the throttle, it was running fine. I'd say let it idle and bump the throttle up every now and then and eventually it will be ok.