L3650 Battery OK-won't engage starter

shultzk

Equipment
woods DuAl loader, woods 60in mower
May 19, 2009
pa
Hi newbie here with an L3650. Not an HST, has rear PTO and creep. I cannot get it to engage the starter consistently and we suspect it is a safety switch malfunction or bad ground ? The dash lights come, go off as normal on but then nothing. Fuses OK. Awhile ago, I noticed a little buzz right after the glow plug went out and I turned the key. I hear the solenoid clicking OK. Tractor has 450 hours and we had it for three years since 300 hours with zero problems. (Love my tractor !):confused:

4Kings

Equipment
BX1800
May 21, 2009
Hannibal, MO
Did you have the battery load tested to verify it's ok.

I've had two starting issues in the last year or so. First time the problem was a bad battery cable. If you still have the original molded cables, they can begin to break down from all the vibration. All I did was replace the molded terminal with a clamp on... problem solved.

Just a few weeks ago it wouldn't start again. I tested the battery myself and it seemed ok, got the corrected voltages from it. Finally after a couple days of trying other stuff, I took the battery to have it load tested... it failed.

Replaced battery... fired right up