L3560 two operational questions

UPandy

Equipment
L3560 L3710
Nov 24, 2022
Michigan
I presently own an L3710 cab tractor we purchased new . We are trying to purchase an L3560 (new) and I had two questions. I’m surprised our Michigan dealers don’t seem to know much about the full function of the different settings for these machines. We had a deal to purchase a 3560 and had asked several , what I would consider ‘basic’ questions, and it seemed the dealer and I were ‘learning together’. When that machine was delivered , the driver stepped out of the truck and said ‘there’s a problem with this tractor . The salesman told me to deliver it , but it stalls out when you push the throttle advance on the loader and engage the hydrostat forward peddle’. Not even believing they would deliver a non working machine , I backed out of the deal and went to another dealer. Dealer 2, had the next machine ready to be looked at with loader (805) installed. I ‘Test drove it’ around the lot, and noticed the following which I questioned and got no definitive answers. First I immediately noticed the hazard light switch was illuminated without the hazards on. ‘Why is this lit…. Answer: it’s supposed to be.’ Didn’t seem ‘logical’ . My l3710 hazard button doesn’t illuminate until pressed on. Second , all functions seemed ok, and obviously drove in all three ranges. I put the machine in four wheel drive. Should there be a dash light showing it’s engaged ? Seems like with all the display information features , there should be one? I searched online and found this dash indicator mentioned on other models with the informative display dash. I couldn’t specifically find it mentioned on the 3560.

This dealer is further from my home , and I don’t want to play with warranty repairs after delivery because these things were missed pre delivery. I also have lost some faith that dealers truly understand the more advanced features the tractor offers in terms of user settings. They are definitely new to me. Our family has owned several tractors thru the years and this machine is far advanced from even my L3710. I’ve watched several YouTube videos on the machine some posted by dealers as informational or instructional. I feel comfortable ‘learning thru using’ . Again, trying to make sure we are 100 percent on operation ‘pre delivery’ . Thanks for any help on these questions. We plan to use the machine for snow blowing at our northern cottage and general property clean up on a wooded lot. Yes I know a cab machine would be better for snow blowing, but I can’t fit it in the garage! Plus …. With the woods cleanup…. I was afraid I’d break glass working between the trees. I already made that mistake with my 3710 to the tune of $600 in broken door glass :(. Thank you !

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
No 4 WD indicator, that’s something that has been asked for years. I’ll have to check on the hazard switch. If I remember right it also depends if you have the headlights on.

Check your front diff/axle fluid too. Frequently needs topped off when new or awhile after oil change. Enjoy your new tractor and welcome fellow Michigander!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I presently own an L3710 cab tractor we purchased new . We are trying to purchase an L3560 (new) and I had two questions. I’m surprised our Michigan dealers don’t seem to know much about the full function of the different settings for these machines. We had a deal to purchase a 3560 and had asked several , what I would consider ‘basic’ questions, and it seemed the dealer and I were ‘learning together’. When that machine was delivered , the driver stepped out of the truck and said ‘there’s a problem with this tractor . The salesman told me to deliver it , but it stalls out when you push the throttle advance on the loader and engage the hydrostat forward peddle’. Not even believing they would deliver a non working machine , I backed out of the deal and went to another dealer. Dealer 2, had the next machine ready to be looked at with loader (805) installed. I ‘Test drove it’ around the lot, and noticed the following which I questioned and got no definitive answers. First I immediately noticed the hazard light switch was illuminated without the hazards on. ‘Why is this lit…. Answer: it’s supposed to be.’ Didn’t seem ‘logical’ . My l3710 hazard button doesn’t illuminate until pressed on. Second , all functions seemed ok, and obviously drove in all three ranges. I put the machine in four wheel drive. Should there be a dash light showing it’s engaged ? Seems like with all the display information features , there should be one? I searched online and found this dash indicator mentioned on other models with the informative display dash. I couldn’t specifically find it mentioned on the 3560.

This dealer is further from my home , and I don’t want to play with warranty repairs after delivery because these things were missed pre delivery. I also have lost some faith that dealers truly understand the more advanced features the tractor offers in terms of user settings. They are definitely new to me. Our family has owned several tractors thru the years and this machine is far advanced from even my L3710. I’ve watched several YouTube videos on the machine some posted by dealers as informational or instructional. I feel comfortable ‘learning thru using’ . Again, trying to make sure we are 100 percent on operation ‘pre delivery’ . Thanks for any help on these questions. We plan to use the machine for snow blowing at our northern cottage and general property clean up on a wooded lot. Yes I know a cab machine would be better for snow blowing, but I can’t fit it in the garage! Plus …. With the woods cleanup…. I was afraid I’d break glass working between the trees. I already made that mistake with my 3710 to the tune of $600 in broken door glass :(. Thank you !
No FWD indicator light on my similar L6060 either but neither is there one on my B1750 or B3350. Only the M9960 has such.

Hazard lamp only illuminated when on on my L6060.

Like you, I buy only open station tractors due to routine operation around and beneath trees. I have stood a tractor up before by snagging a roll bar on a large branch and cab damage would be inevitable.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have had my 3560 since 2013, and it was quite the technological jump from a Ford 8N. I love it. I am not surprised the dealers and sales staff do not know about all the advanced features, my dealer didn't when I bought mine. This is just a guess but the first tractor you tried may have had the HST or Stallguard features set incorrectly. These are features you can change yourself to suit the work you're doing. Some you won't know about until you use it. I have not really fiddled with mine, it does what I want and doesn't stall.
None of the light related buttons are illuminated normally.

To get a better idea of what is supposed to happen, go to the Kubota website and download the current owner's manual for the 3560 and read it. I would print it out and go back to the dealer with the sections that are not clear, and sit with the tractor and see if it makes sense. Someone in the shop should have a better idea than a sales person who never actually gets to run the tractor.
When mine was delivered I asked the dealer to go over all the locations of the serviceable parts, grease zerks, etc since the pictures were not clear.

They are great tractors, will be worth the trouble to get it right before delivered. Then make sure it has winter diesel and you add a cetane booster to fuel. Check water separator. If it has been on a lot over the summer, fuel could have accumulated water.

Reactions: 3 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I recently picked up a Kubota full line catalog from my dealer. There is a lot of stuff in that publication! Everything from tractors to construction equipment to lawn mowers! I can hardly fathom the number of hours that salesmen spend learning the intimate details of operation for each model and variation.

The truth is that they don't and if you were a Kubota salesman you wouldn't either. My explanation above is a paraphrased version of an honest conversation I had with my salesman during the purchase process for my M5660.

I downloaded a pdf of the owners manual prior to sitting down with my salesman and I knew every detail about the unit and I passed that information along...we basically learned together.

Here's the bottom line. It is unreasonable to expect a salesman to know every detail about each and every item in a companies product lineup. That's why the Ford dealer has a team that strictly deals with trucks and so on.

Enjoy getting to know your tractor and using it and be thankful you aren't a farmer trying to learn about a new satellite guided computerized combine!

Reactions: 2 users

UPandy

Equipment
L3560 L3710
Nov 24, 2022
Michigan
Thank you all for the information and welcomes as a new person the site. The head lights may have been on, so I will check that again during the pick up next week. Just to follow up with more information on my story and the first tractor. The young man that delivered the machine was one of their mechanics pulling double duty as a deliver person. He told me about the ‘tractor issue’ because he too couldn’t believe he was told to deliver the machine after reporting it as stalling out . I did call the owner of the dealership and he claimed he was not aware, but I told him he had a honorable employee in that mechanic. I gave the mechanic my number if there was going to be any fall out on him for telling me the day of the failed drop off. He had called me back the next day, his job was secure, the tractor had a short in the loader joystick throttle advance button. A problem that if the machine wasn’t rushed out could have been fixed probably without my knowledge or concern. I wasn’t on a time schedule to receive the machine. As I told the dealership owner , you could have simply called and said there was an issue and the unit could not be delivered today….

I do own several diesels and I am extra careful during the summer to winter change of fuel. It was a good reminder because I am unsure how long the second dealer had that machine and it’s fueling blend.

The problem I have found in all businesses at least in our home state of Michigan is several new employees. My present sales person had only been there three months. Several of the other controls features I learned a lot from you tube . Most of those videos were posted from a larger kubota dealer in Pennsylvania. They are short and didnt Mention the four wheel drive light or my other question about the hazard switch. They had done a fair job of describing the peddle response and deceleration characteristics of the dash settings. I know kubota has a large offering of equipment but our local dealers are selling mostly tractors under 100hp. They pretty much have the same models at everyone you pass. ‘I don’t know but I’ll find out’ would have been a better answer …. Most people are not comfortable with not knowing. There are many things that all of us don’t know or simply can’t or can’t maybe remember! If you haven’t worked with a specific piece of equipment you only know similarities from ones you have. Giving the wrong answer looks worse than not knowing and finding out the right one. Honesty is best.

Thank you all again! Stay safe ! I appreciate all your help and input!

Reactions: 1 users

RoadmasterD

Equipment
L3560HSTC-LE
Jan 10, 2020
Oregon
Well, how is your L3560 working out? I bought an LE3560 a couple years ago and it has been great. Of course now I wish I had 10 more HP, but that’s always going to be my issue no matter what I buy.