L345 3 point wont lower

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
I seen a simular post.
When I was lifting the mower it came up fast and bounce when it got to the top.
Never came back down. Let it set for a day. No change. Pressure valve made no difference.
Yes I removed the mower.
Would any of the other lever shafts
On the 3 point position cause this?
I haven't use the three point since this happen in over a year.
Thanks

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There have been cases where the lower arms get lifted up and the rod and piston separate in the large lift cylinder under the seat. I’ll look and see if I can locate a thread. That sounds like your problem to me.

(Sorry could not locate the previous threads)

Last edited:

gregb

Equipment
m4900
Nov 6, 2011
annarbor michigan
There is a flow control knob, should be just below the front seat. make sure you didn't inadvertently close the valve. it controls the rate of decent for your three point arms

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
I appreciate all replies.
I have turned the pressure relief no change.the up and down levers linkages one has a roll pin which is good and the shaft going into the lift turns.
I searched for russell thread he was referring to. I didn't find it either.
Russell would the thread u r referring to be on another forum?
About how heavy is that lift assembly ?
Looks like 10 bolts plus some brackets to remove.
Anyone have a procedure on this?
The manual I have doesn't have much info.
I can lift the arms up about 1-2 " buts it's solid on whatever it's resting on.
I did not have anyother issues with tge three point before this .was using weekly to mow.
Are most kubota 3 point the same?
This is the only tractor I have ever owned.
Again I appreciate any input.I could easily overlook something.
Thanks
Stay safe

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You are apparently not focusing on the simple suggestion by gregb.

All Kubota's have a way to control how fast the 3 pt arms can descend.

This same control can actually lock the hydraulics of the 3 pt if turned all the way closed.

Think of the control as a drain tap which determines if and how fast the 3 pt piston oil can escape.

Look for a round knob which can be reached from the driver's seat.

The descend function of the 3 pt hitch has no connecction to relief valve pressures as it is relying on gravity alone to lower not pressure.

Dave

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I am assuming you are talking about a mid mount mower when you mention mower. I don't know that setup but have you looked carefully to be sure no linkage has interlocked underneath the tractor? Is it possible your linkage is rusted on pivot points? Have you used the tractor to spread such as nitrogen for it can corrode linkage points very quickly. Try oiling all linkage.

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
I would like a mid mount ..kubota didn't offer one from the info I have searched. Woods had a universal l306 and you bought a kit for your tractor.
Woods didn't list a kit for l345
Woods did list for the model under it l245? They no longer produce the kits anyway...
Anyway it is a rear mount.
I'm the only one that uses this tractor.
I'm was using it weekly .until that time I lift it up apparantly too fast and it bounced
I left the mower on it all night.I adjusted the knob under the seat for the rate of lowering .that's what I called a pressure valve.
Hope I presented a better discription
So I can lift up the arms myself tractor off about 1-2".seems like play.nothing resisting me other than the weight of the arms..let it down like it's clank .
When I say down its still up only 1-2" from top position.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I am positive those threads are on this forum since it is the only tractor forum i follow.

I recall that North Idaho Wolfman was involved in one of them but my search skills are poor on how to only search his posts and what words to look for.

You may send him a private message and ask him to comment on this thread.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
There have been cases where the lower arms get lifted up and the rod and piston separate in the large lift cylinder under the seat. I’ll look and see if I can locate a thread. That sounds like your problem to me.

(Sorry could not locate the previous threads)
After everything, I believe Russell is correct.

I too recall a post by NIW where he provided a cross section of the L345's rear casting and explained how if the casting were damaged the piston push rod could drop out of contact with the piston. I cannot find the post but remember it well having experienced a similar failure on my Nuffield 465.
There is no mechanical connection between the push rod and the piston and this piece of casting is to prevent the push rod from dropping down out of contact with the piston.

On the Nuffield, the piston was connected to the push rod with a cotter pin which, after many years broke, I lifted the arms to connect an implement, the push rod dropped out of contact with the piston and the next time I raised the 3 pt, the push rod pushed out a section of the rear casting breaking it. Hence the bronze weld.

forum Nuffield.jpg

Disassembly is needed and then a method found to keep the push rod up. The repair would depend upon the interior condition of the casting. Avoid using the 3 pt control as you really don't know what is pushing on what and the forces involved can break most things easily.

If the inside of the rear casting is damaged, lifting the lift arms by hand could cause the push rod to loose contact with the piston as could a large bump.

Dave

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
Thanks
I did message north Idaho wolfman
Hopefully when he has time he'll reply.

So several have suggested the valve under the seat..
I seen posting with problem with o rings.
To completele rule out any issue with it if I remove that valve assembly it should drop correct?
Also if i remove the port plug where I would check pressure would thst bypass the valve and let it drop?
Does anyone know what that lift assembly weighs?
Is this same lift assembly used in another model?
Again all replies,are appreciated.
Doug

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
Thanks
I did message north Idaho wolfman
Hopefully when he has time he'll reply.

So several have suggested the valve under the seat..
I seen posting with problem with o rings.
To completele rule out any issue with it if I remove that valve assembly it should drop correct?
Also if i remove the port plug where I would check pressure would thst bypass the valve and let it drop?
Does anyone know what that lift assembly weighs?
Is this same lift assembly used in another model?
Again all replies,are appreciated.
Doug

Doug Sw ohio

Equipment
L345
Jul 5, 2020
Springvalley ohio
Stop by a place nearby has a l235 but was different, also had b1750,b7100,7200,l2650 said they may sell parts on some of those.xenia ohio.

If anyone interested wcekevin.aol.com
Www.wce'equipment.com
Also has florida location
They have other brands .main business is refurbishment.
So I'm looking for a backup incase I need parts. Thats why I stop in there.