L3400 Sun Canopy

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Well, the weather is finally cooperating and with such, I was able to get my sun canopy mounted as well as my rear view mirrors. The canopy was more or less an afterthought as my original task was to have the rear view mirrors but was not happy with the available mounting locations. I had thought about adding a canopy, but wasn't sure when that would happen. Plus thinking of adding some better lighting was also in the future.

So, to mount my $29.00 a pair mirrors in a (to me) more suitable location, it ended up costing about $500.00 more to mount them.

Ron

Attachments

CarbonWheel

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L3560, Land Pride RBT3584 Rear Blade, Land Pride RCR1860 Rotary Cutter
Apr 9, 2014
Eden Prairie, MN
Very nice... been thinking about a canopy myself. Where did you get it? Does it mount strongly?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Great looking setup. And I like those mirrors too, where did you get them? I had pondered mounting GM LD truck mirrors because they are cheap, plentiful, and hold up very well.

On another note, I have a canopy on my B2150D. But the ROPS is WAY to tall. That makes the canopy too tall, and other than around noon, it's so high that I'm often in the sun anyway. I know the safety police will have a coronary, but cutting down and shortening that ROPs is on my list of things t do. It will also fit under my awning better too.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good,, I figure that my lovely bride would take about 5 mins to remove it on some tree branches I missed taking off or the garage door,,, don't ask about the garage door:mad:

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

CarbonWheel - Very nice... been thinking about a canopy myself. Where did you get it? Does it mount strongly?

I got the Canopy at http://www.covermytractor.com/Kubota-Canopies-and-Sunshades-s/2314.htm . I got the one piece (there is a three piece for cheaper shipping). Was surprised at how rigid it was, being that the forward support extended pretty far forward. Simple installation.

BadDog - Great looking setup. And I like those mirrors too, where did you get them?

Got the Mirrors from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fully-Adjus...H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dfe9cb01&vxp=mtr .

skeets - Looks good,, I figure that my lovely bride would take about 5 mins to remove it on some tree branches I missed taking off or the garage door,,, don't ask about the garage door

That's definitely going to be a challenge to keep remembering to not just look down, but also up. I don't have a whole lot of upper obstructions, but just enough to get me in trouble:eek:

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Ron

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
U can buy one at your local kubota place also for the same price . And odds are you can do like me and have them install it for free .

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Definitely a Cadillac mirror mount!