L3301 vs L2501

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Ok guys I just thought I would share this since there are several topics on the matter.

Today my brother and I worked our Kubota's together. We were both pulling 5 foot rotary cutters on around 20 acres.

Break down of the machines.

My tractor is a L3301 direct drive with around 100 hours. I have the R 1 tires.

My brother has a l2501 direct drive with around 10 hours as his is only a couple weeks old. He has R 4 tires.

From what I could tell from the seat of my tractor the L2501 performed as well as my L3301. We both ran the tractors in gear low 4, as it was kind of rough. We both ran around the same speed, I may have ran a little faster due to the L3301 turning more RPM at suggested PTO mark.

He was very pleased with the performance of the L2501. I kinda of wondered if we would be able to tell any difference between the two machines. As far as what we were able to tell today they were pretty close to even.

The noticeable differences I could tell today.

First I like the transmission on the L3301 better especially when working around trees and needing to back up with the rotary cutter. It is more user friendly being able to shift from forward to reverse.

Second the engine noise from the muffler is noticeably louder on the L2501 i'm guessing the DPF filter helps filter the exhaust noise on the L3301.

At the end of the day we came to the conclusion that we both are very pleased with our Kubota's.

I will give an update if we have them working together again doing other jobs than pulling rotary cutters.

Brent

Last edited:

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Does his L2501 have the shuttle shift as yours does ? I have the 3301 and that shuttle shift is a very nice thing to have.