L3301 Hydraulics Issues

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Did a search and didn't come up with anything so I am going to ask.

Has any one had any issues with there hydraulics on a L3301? I dropped my unit off at the dealership yesterday for hydraulic issue.

Is seems to work fine when warm as long as I keep it under 1500 RPM. Anything above that I start having issues with the steering and loader will not go up or curl. I also cant get the 3point hitch to raise my box blade. When trying to do loader work during a re gen I have to stop and wait till completed and go back to work.

It is a 2015 with 72 hours on it.

It also has a ton of air bubbles in the fluid if I check it right after turning the ignition off.

Thanks
Brent

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I will second what redmaher said, it is sucking air into the pump.

If the fluid level is up to spec, then you have a mechanical issue causing and air leak, could be a loose connection, a cracked line, bad filter, bad filter seal, and a multitude of other causes.

Dealer should be able to iron it out quick. ;)

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Service Manager thought it may be a loose fitting or possibly a line. He said they had had lines go bad an get air but never leak. I have not had any leaks of any kind.

Checked all fittings before dropping it off but didn't find any of them loose.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
I hope it they get it fixed this week. Starting to warm up in the south and Im looking forward to more seat time this spring.

I have a culvert to install on some new property and a drive way to put in.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
A blocked filter not bypassing could cause your symptom. The pump would starve for oil.
I have the same tractor. No problem here.the relief valve was set really low and I shimmed it to specs which I "think" were 2500 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Same tractor here in the Southern part of MS. Nary a problem at all with mine. Good luck, I am sure they will cure the problem quickly!
Pete:D

Kanook

Equipment
Kubota B2650HSDC Kubota RTV900
Jun 29, 2015
Almonte, Ontario
A blocked filter not bypassing could cause your symptom. The pump would starve for oil.
I have the same tractor. No problem here.the relief valve was set really low and I shimmed it to specs which I "think" were 2500 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree....filter is my vote

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
I questioned the filter when I spoke with them. Service Manager didn't think the filter was the problem but you never know.

It is making a loud hissing sound around the pump that seems like it is bypassing the fluid. It seemed to start making the noise when all my problems started.

All fluids are fine, I check all the fluids before I start it up each time.

I will advise what the issue is when they get it resolved.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
call your dealer and ask them to reference PSB-2015-052. This bulletin gives some guidance to that particular issue, and it may or may not apply to your particular serial number.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Ok guys i have a update on my hydraulic issue.

Got a call today from the dealer that my tractor was ready to go. I ask what this issue was and was informed that the hydraulic oil was full of water. I told him that didn't make any sense since I have always kept the tractor in a barn.

He informed me that my tractor was the 5th one they had over the past year with the same issue. Fluid was drained and replaced along with the filter. I picked it up tonight and all the issues have been resolved at this point. I plan on getting some seat time this weekend to test everything out. Everything was covered under warranty.

Service Manager said that Kubota had gotten a bad batch of hydraulic oil which is what was causing the problems.

Brent

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
It sounds like some good ground to get an extended warranty on the tractor for their negligence.