L3240, New to me tractor

jfloresskc

Equipment
L3240
Sep 17, 2021
Ingleside, Texas
I received a L3240 tractor with 2800 hours on it with a landpride 5 foot mower on it. it was for payment of clearing out a 1/4 mile long easement.
So it will start right up, I can raise the mower deck and engage the PTO, But I cannot get it to move forward or reverse. It is a Regular Transmission.
I have found the gas pedal linkage cable is broken, and on order to replace? I don't know if that's the sticking point right Now ?
Any other link points to check. I am also trying to find the best repair manual for this tractor ? any advice would be appreciated.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
If you put it in gear and let out the clutch, does it stall out or keep on idling? If it doesn't stall it's probably a separate problem from the throttle cable. [No Kubota specific knowledge here, just what I'd expect from a typical car or tractor}

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome, but remember you have a diesel engine, so there is no gas pedal linkage. :) I mention that because if you keep referring to anything gas, be it the fuel tank, throttle, etc you or someone will eventually put GAS in it. Then you have a problem!!

If the tractor is not moving forward or reverse you need to determine if the clutch if engaging or not. If the tractor idles, and you push down on the clutch can you shift it into various gear, or does it just grind when you try it?

If the engine is off can you shift into various gears? If you put it in first gear, press down on the clutch, will the engine start, and if so when you let out on the clutch what happens?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I saved this info which may be important to you at some time.

When referencing the Grand L40's there are two different submodels for this series and not all information is consistent
between them. They came in L3240-1 and L3240-3 (in US at least). In some situations, it might make sense to verify the
submodel just to make certain the correct manual is referenced.
How PTO engagement is activated is one way of confirming the difference (besides SN). -1 uses a manual lever and -3

uses a rotary electrical switch.

Follow D2Cat's advice!

Dave