L3010 PTO knocks and stutters under load

Sregnar

Equipment
Kubota L3010 with BL4690
May 13, 2021
New York
My L3010 with BL4690 started to knock and lose power under load. I thought my HST hydraulic fluid was low but I’ve now overfilled it, so it’s obviously not that causing the knock and stutter in the PTO shaft. Everything works well on the hoe, and everything including the loader on the tractor works, but when I use the hoe under any load the PTO knocks and stutters until I let off the controls. Could be the PTO lever cable needs adjustment? Any other ideas? Thanks! Here’s a video of the issue.

Sregnar

Equipment
Kubota L3010 with BL4690
May 13, 2021
New York
Also, the release button on my PTO pump coupler fell off, you can see it here. The coupler seems to be right on the PTO shaft still, just going to be difficult to get off.
9F1D4B0C-B0D3-4210-9BCF-71A4F8CAF673.jpeg
I don’t think it’s causing the issues with the PTO knocking and stuttering.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I haven’t had one apart yet I am basing my thoughts on your video since the output shaft stops when you put the load on it. There are some great guys on here that will be able to shed more experience on it. You definitely need a manual on it

Sregnar

Equipment
Kubota L3010 with BL4690
May 13, 2021
New York
I haven’t had one apart yet I am basing my thoughts on your video since the output shaft stops when you put the load on it. There are some great guys on here that will be able to shed more experience on it. You definitely need a manual on it
I have a workshop manual but honestly I’m no mechanic, basic stuff I can handle but deep diving into the guts is beyond my skill or tools can handle. Hoping to find a fix I can try without bringing it to a shop.

Sregnar

Equipment
Kubota L3010 with BL4690
May 13, 2021
New York
I just checked my cable before I’ve had a chance to get dirty and adjust. There seems to be a good amount of slack in the lever, it doesn’t spring back into the off position as it should when disengaged. Fingers crossed.

Sregnar

Equipment
Kubota L3010 with BL4690
May 13, 2021
New York
So I ended up taking the cable linkage off of the case, because one of the adjustment nuts was seized. Got it free, put everything back on, snuggled up the adjust nuts by hand, can’t get a wrench on them. Good news is that it fixed the problem. Bad news is I can’t snug them up to save my life haha.