L2850 fore end loader

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
How do you remove this loader?
The BF500 is not designed for easy and quick removal.

This photo is one completely removed from a tractor.

forum BF500.jpg

The link below has a series of photos of the removed loader.

BF500 removed

The trick to removal is understanding the wedge bolts which secure the bottom of the driver end of the main frame into its sockets.

forum BF500 wedge bolt.jpg

Depending upon your reason for removing the loader, many owners of similar not quick attach loaders just remove the bucket.

This link to a BF300 parts book will have info of help to you as far as visualizing the various parts

BF 300 parts manual

Dave

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That bucket has seen much better days............. :D

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
How do you remove this loader?
You need 4 "legs". 2 flat ones about 3' long going into the lugs on the side of the bucket and back to the ground near the front wheels. Loosen and remove the 2 L-shaped bolts at the front of the tractor. If you have the proper legs for the loader then these will screw through the legs on the bucket and into a square tab on top of the bucket. Then loosen the nuts on the wedge bolts at the bottom rear of the loader frame (near your toes). Remove the wedge bolts. Curl the bucket and the rear of the loader should raise revealing 2 square holes on each side of the loader arms. This is where the other 2 legs go to keep the rear of the loader raised up higher than the wheels. Now turn your tractor off and jiggle the loader joystick to relieve any pressure in the hoses. Disconnect the hoses TAKING CAREFUL NOTE OF WHICH GOES WHERE. There may be a valve forward of where you disconnected the hoses which looks like a screw slot. Turn this 90 degrees. Reverse out and go on your way. If you have dodgy cylinder seals you may need to put some kind of prop under the bar where the 2 L-shaped bolts were to stop it leaking down.
Always park on level ground when removing the loader. It make life so much easier.
It sounds complicated but it is not. Takes about 10 minutes if you are not rushing, 20 if you are.

Reactions: 1 user

alanishep

Equipment
L2850
Jul 15, 2020
south wales uk
Thanks for the help, got the loader off and was amazed at the bottom of the uprights that fit in the socket with the wedge bolts how badly corroded they are, has anyone had this problem? and I need to weld new plates on the bottom of the uprights but have no idea of the hole sizes and locations to allow fitting of the wedge bolts. Any help appreciated, Alan

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Thanks for the help, got the loader off and was amazed at the bottom of the uprights that fit in the socket with the wedge bolts how badly corroded they are, has anyone had this problem? and I need to weld new plates on the bottom of the uprights but have no idea of the hole sizes and locations to allow fitting of the wedge bolts. Any help appreciated, Alan
I don't have your exact loader but mine is off at the moment (LA675, I think) and I would be happy to take whatever measurements you need