l2601 Live PTO question

curlingcreek

Equipment
L2601
May 10, 2021
Richmond, VA
Hi guys. New to the forum, and Kubota, for that matter. I picked up an L2601 before knowing anything about gray K's and have been slightly frustrated and obsessively embracing the challenge for the past 3 weeks, new starter and various tweaks here and there are nurturing a real mutual respect between me and the ole girl.
Anyway, a question that is bugging the shit out of me and I can't find an answer anywhere... is my tractor supposed to have a live pto with a two stage clutch? It runs with a single stage now. She almost dragged us both in the creek the other day while bush hogging as the spinning blade kept the wheels turning. Before splitting it, I just want to know what I'm supposed to be finding. Thanks guys.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That is an old machine - I have no idea about the specs on that one.

I would go ahead and get this :

1620991349639.png

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The over run adapter is available from a variety of sources at a wide range of prices. It provides drive to the mower but free wheels so the mower can't push the tractor. Note that it will extend the effective PTO shaft length by a few inches so you may need to shorten the shaft to accommodate it. Remember, the PTO moves in and out slightly during operation as the mower goes up and down.