L2600DT 4WD Selling Advice

Zeeman

Equipment
2600DT bush hog, disk, plow, fork, 16' trailer
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
Hello,

If I could get some advice about how to price my tractor, I would greatly appreciate it.

It is a 2001 L2600DT 4WD with 480 hours. It's in good condition and everything works except the headlight is broken. The tractor has some sun fade and rust in places, but nothing major. I'm located in Alabama. Thanks. 20220319_100851.jpg 20220319_101112.jpg 20220319_101241.jpg

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have been in sales all of my life and am often amused at the things I see. Now this is just me and I know its only a tractor but.....To get "top dollar" I would fix the lights . A wash and wax might reduce or eliminate some sun fade. Check tractor house.com for indications on what to expect price wise. Maybe call your local Kubota dealer and see what they may offer. List it on Craigslist and/or Facebook. I am a big believer in "Putting lipstick on a pig". Not that your tractor is by any means a pig . I just read that the price of used vehicles listed on Carvanna have recently come down meaningfully. I was at my Kubota dealer yesterday and they have quite a few loader equipped tractors in stock for the first time in maybe 2 years. The tide may be turning and pricing expectations should be adjusted accordingly. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Zeeman

Equipment
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
Thanks. I agree that it needs a bath and some wax. The problem with fixing the headlight is the cost, but you are probably right. I just hate to spend 300 bucks that might not help the sale,or that I can't recoop. I appreciate your advice.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Thanks. I agree that it needs a bath and some wax. The problem with fixing the headlight is the cost, but you are probably right. I just hate to spend 300 bucks that might not help the sale,or that I can't recoop. I appreciate your advice.
I'd look up what the light cost if I was there to look at it, round up to the closest $100.00 mark and haggle for a lower price because of it. Pays to have everything pretty well fixed up and looking good cosmetically. These smaller sized tractors are in demand. I'd be asking somewhere $10k for it and take $8k. If it looked good, ran good, and everything seemed to work on it.

Zeeman

Equipment
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
I'd look up what the light cost if I was there to look at it, round up to the closest $100.00 mark and haggle for a lower price because of it. Pays to have everything pretty well fixed up and looking good cosmetically. These smaller sized tractors are in demand. I'd be asking somewhere $10k for it and take $8k. If it looked good, ran good, and everything seemed to work on it.
Thanks for the advice. I had it priced at 10,200, and knew that price was high. i was including a bush hog and scrape blade. i thought i had a guy interested in everything including my trailer, but in the end, all he wanted to do was trade. I have it at 9200 now.

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Fixing the headlights also gives the potential buyer a warm fuzzy feeling that the tractor was well cared for during its life with you.

Reactions: 2 users