L2550 Radiator Hose

1Sarge

Equipment
L2550 Tractor
Jun 25, 2009
Houston, Mississippi
Hi, New here and glad I found this forum. I bought a L2550 over a year ago and love the tractor. I do have one issue with it. When I work the tractor a while the top radiator hose will colapse. The tractor has never run hot but I know this should not happen. At first the bottom one was doing it and I replaced it. Any ideas, new top hose?

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Yes it is time for a new hose. The inside of the hose is going and it is only a matter of time for the hose to burst if it is left on the tractor. Pull that old hose and get a new one.

1Sarge

Equipment
L2550 Tractor
Jun 25, 2009
Houston, Mississippi
Sorry I haven't posted an update before now. I replaced the top hose with a new hose from NAPA that was similar to the old hose. I ran the tractor mowing for a while and the top hose is still closing up or sucking together. What could be the cause of this? I have seen other hoses with a spring in them to prevent this but don't know where I would find the spring. I also thought about useing a metal tube of some kind in the long area of the hose. Any suggestions?

1Sarge

Equipment
L2550 Tractor
Jun 25, 2009
Houston, Mississippi
Thanks for the replys. I have already performed most of what has been suggested with the execption of a new rad cap and thermostat. I keep the tractor very clean to include the rad and rad screen. I installed a new water pump not long ago because of a slight leak in the old one. I am going to install a new cap and thermostat to see if that will help.
Thanks again

1Sarge

Equipment
L2550 Tractor
Jun 25, 2009
Houston, Mississippi
I ment to ask what pressure cap it should have on it. I have a local dealer but may have to get a new cap at the auto parts store. Anyone know?