l2501DT diff lock

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
On a different note I got the gear drive L2501 and know I am in the minority not having the HST but it is what I wanted. I am cleaning around an old pond and backing up the slope a lot. I like to use the foot throttle not the hand when moving with a loaded bucket. Right foot can't work both. I found I lacked the ability to lock and keep the dif lock in as it is on the right side not the left like the HST. Looking it over I see where it comes out of the side of the gear box and came up with a bracket from a couple of 5/8 full split shaft collars. welded together with 2" of small angle, a 3/8 bolt about 4" long head down welded to that at an angle. Then an old 8 iron handle end cut off at about 18" slides on. I can push this forward until it engages while backing up and it works really nice. It is just the right amount of travel for the handle going forward and back by the seat belt. It all comes off with 2 split collars if need be for alteration but so far it works great. I should have taken pictures but didn't.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Necessity is the the mother of inventions. A photo of end product be nice to see.

Sounds like you might have the only drift-modded Kubota on the planet!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Necessity is the the mother of inventions. A photo of end product be nice to see.

Sounds like you might have the only drift-modded Kubota on the planet!
I tried to move the photos I sent to my gmail but can't seem to get the hang of it. I am better at mechanical things.