L2501 grapple hydraulic line management…

OrYgun

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2021 Kubota L2501
May 7, 2021
Oregon
Hey fellas. Good news and bad news! My everything attachments grapple, box scraper, and forks came in today!! Bad news: within the first hour of grapple use, I broke a hydraulic connector due to poor line management and excitement to use the damn thing! My problem occurred when closing grapple and bringing FEL to resting position… caused an extreme angle of hydraulic hose and broke threads on Ag connector leading to serious hydraulic leak. When I disassembled, confirmed threading broke inside connector. Question: what kind of hydraulic line management have you guys rigged up for front end that allows full travel of grapple without getting caught up/dragging/pinching when I’m neutral position. I’ve attached a few photos… I currently have kubota factory installed 3rd function, and everything attachments wicked root grapple. Thanks y’all!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

TBD

Equipment
L3901
Dec 13, 2020
Pennsylvania
From day one, when in a hurry to try my new grapple on my L3901, I grabbed an old a rubber strap about 2' long and wrapped it loosely around the round tube on the loader frame. Then once all the way around the two hoses. The strap only had one S hook left. I just hooked the two ends of the strap together. It stays together. After two years I think the only time I came close to damaging a hose is when I forgot to put my rubber strap on. I'd like something nice professional and neat looking. But the strap works great and another idea hasn't hit me.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
From day one, when in a hurry to try my new grapple on my L3901, I grabbed an old a rubber strap about 2' long and wrapped it loosely around the round tube on the loader frame. Then once all the way around the two hoses. The strap only had one S hook left. I just hooked the two ends of the strap together. It stays together. After two years I think the only time I came close to damaging a hose is when I forgot to put my rubber strap on. I'd like something nice professional and neat looking. But the strap works great and another idea hasn't hit me.
In a similar hurry I went with some zip ties. I just picked up a couple lengths of 1/2" steel tube to clean that up this weekend.

Dan

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
It looks like the problem is the large accumulation of steel plumbing parts in front of the bracket. Could that be reduced in length? Could the bracket be moved rearward?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
My lines at the front were originally loose. So what happened was they would fall into the pinch point at the curl cylinder. I fabed up a bracket to turn the fittings 90deg and now the grapple lines hang above the pinch point and when I curl all the way down they are slack enough to not pull.

59189D8B-D3A3-4BF7-9391-A932AF762577.jpeg

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
I installed the fittings on the loader 90* to how Orygon has it. Use a couple bungee's and I've been okay so far with my Wicked 55.