l2501 and implement height?

Dutch64

Equipment
L2501
May 30, 2021
NC
Here comes a Nick the new guy question so fasten them seat belts...... I have a L2501 and I just purchased a Hardee 1060 rotary cutter. I set it up level side to side and front to back at 3 inches, but when I lift my 3 point all the way (8), to travel it doesn't come very high off the ground at all. :oops: #helpaknuckleheadout

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
You can try the bottom top link hole if it isn’t already there. You can also pick up a tiny bit by using the top hole in the bottom link adjuster and the nonadjustable one on the other side.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The mower may have a part that allows the mower to float over the terrain but makes it difficult to pick up the rear end of the mower.

If you do need to raise the mower off the ground you will have to shorten the top link and move it to the bottom hole on the tractor. You may have to move the mower end to different hole at the mower end also.

For most situations of mowing you want the mower to pivot on the lower arms and the top link could almost be left off.

The implement operating manual should cover all of this in detail. It is probably available online if you don’t have it.

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Play with your adjustments a bit. The top link adjustment is important in setting the angle at which the mower sits at mowing height but also how high the rear will be raised when traveling.

Dutch64

Equipment
L2501
May 30, 2021
NC
Thanks everyone, I moved to the bottom hole and adjusted the top link to get the extra clearance I needed. I didn't realize the Hardee 1060 was such a beast.

Reactions: 1 user