L245dt tach drive cable

jimf

Equipment
kubota l215dt
Sep 30, 2016
Lebanon Oregon
I could not find the answer to this anywhere else. Well I found a good used drive assembly now a cable, will a L185dt cable work on L245 they uue the same tach & drive assembly. M old cable is 36" long and the L185 I found is 36". I know why not use the L245 , I am cheap and the 185 is less than 1/2 the cost. I hope I don't sound to dumb. Now that I have another assemble I will take the old one apart to see how it is done.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If they take the same drive and cable, you should be good. Is there something wrong with the old cable?

Most of the time if the cable isn't broke and the ends are good, you can remove the cable from the sheath and clean and lube the cable :)

jimf

Equipment
kubota l215dt
Sep 30, 2016
Lebanon Oregon
I could not find the answer to this anywhere else. Well I found a good used drive assembly now a cable, will a L185dt cable work on L245 they uue the same tach & drive assembly. M old cable is 36" long and the L185 I found is 36". I know why not use the L245 , I am cheap and the 185 is less than 1/2 the cost. I hope I don't sound to dumb. Now that I have another assemble I will take the old one apart to see how it is done.
Ya it was rusted soled broken off at the engine end real bad shape. It was that way when I got it. There are different part numbers and big differences in cost. May be they wont to make more money.