L245DT Rear Linkage hydraulic issue

K4Kris

Equipment
L245 DT
Jul 18, 2022
UK
Hi all, new owner of an old L245DT. When I got the tractor the rear linkage would only work when you operated the FEL, I discovered the previous owner (who never used the rear linkage) had plumbed the rear linkage into the tank return rather than the power beyond, I swapped these around and it started working (sort of), it was very jerky, and wouldn't go down unless you fully opened the drop speed valve. I then fitted a hydraulic top link, by feeding the new spool from the Power beyond of the FEL, and then from that Power beyond to the rear linkage, whilst Teeing the Tank return from new spool into FEL tank return. Then it all turned to sh*t, the rear linkage is trying to shake the tractor to pieces whenever you lift an implement. If I operate the FEL or top link the shaking stops. I pulled the Cylinder and liner, and it was in ok shape, but possibly fromlack of use, there was a bit of rust and O rings weren't great, so I cleaned cylinder and liner and honed rust off, and then replaced O rings, including drop speed valve rings. But still no joy. I haven't busted of the rockshaft cover yet, as it's pretty well painted on. Do you guys think I've blown more old O rings by applying full pressure? Or have I missed a step in the process? I have also replaced all the fluid, and the strainer.
I'm at the end of my skill set now.
Help please

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look and see if the three point hitch feedback rod is attached between the lift arm and a tab on a rod back into the case.

The rod is about 4to 6 inches long and about 1/8 inch diameter, left side of case near the top underneath the seat area

If it is not there probably need one
If bent up then try to straighten it

K4Kris

Equipment
L245 DT
Jul 18, 2022
UK
Look and see if the three point hitch feedback rod is attached between the lift arm and a tab on a rod back into the case.

The rod is about 4to 6 inches long and about 1/8 inch diameter, left side of case near the top underneath the seat area

If it is not there probably need one
If bent up then try to straighten it
That all appears to be present and correct