L245DT hydraulic/ gear oil in bellhousing. Clutch slipping.

BiPolarBear

Equipment
L245Dt
Jun 28, 2022
Australia
It looks like it is meant to be plugger looking at the screenshot from the above video. I’ll thread lock a bolt in there I think and see how I go.
D885C307-1226-4A53-A477-A55E12FFB91C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would be looking closely at the illustrated parts list to see what that hole should have in it

I agree that it makes no sense to be an open hole but it really does not make sense for a hole to be there at all unless they need to reach something on the other side of the wall. Curiosity would force me to find out why the hole is there before plugging it.

Your clutch had at least another five minutes of life left in it but I guess you should go ahead and replace it now!

BiPolarBear

Equipment
L245Dt
Jun 28, 2022
Australia
The only drawing I could find doesn’t have it labeled. I believe that it may be casted for a part in the transmission but only guessing. It’s a little below the level of the trans fluid so it must be meant to be blocked.
I just don’t know if it will effect anything on the transmission off o put a bolt in it?

00495BDB-EBF0-4911-8D40-AAD385AB1F69.jpeg

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I'm not a tractor expert but I've been in the transmission business for 40 years. It looks to me like that hole takes a cup plug.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
My guess it may have been used in another application. Is the hole threaded ? If so then a bolt with a sealing washer or some pipe dope. If not then a welsh plug.

Reactions: 1 users

BiPolarBear

Equipment
L245Dt
Jun 28, 2022
Australia
Possibly it’s a freeze plug to allow for heat expansion and to avoid cracking. I measured 12mm hole with no threads. I’ll see if my local supplier can get me a plug.
on a positive note I found an after market supplier of clutches in Australia called BareCo. Got the entire clutch kit for a$420aud.
kubota was over $1000 and I had to wait. We are limited with choices over here that’s for sure.
While I have the thing apart I’ve decided to paint the panels. I’ll post a pic when I’m done

Reactions: 1 users

BiPolarBear

Equipment
L245Dt
Jun 28, 2022
Australia
I finally got the clutch in and it all back together and painted. I used rust oleum safety orange thinned out for my cheap hvlp spray gun if anyone is interested. I’m happy with the results.
I am having an issue with the clutch pedal/ adjustment
The pedal is wedged between the clutch linkage and the pitman arm. I cannot get enough throw to get it into gear with the engine running without grinding. I remember this being an issue before but not this bad.
There is a stopper on the bottom of the foot rest the prevents the spring pulling the pedal too far towards the operator. I’m not sure if I remove this or not to get the pedal further away from the pitman arm and linkage. Currently I haven’t quiet got the 3/4” of free play mentioned in the manual. So I’m thinking I’ve installed something incorrect or I have to move the stopper.
Everything clutch related looks good through the bellhousong inspection hole and through the top of the steering box hole.
Let us know if anyone has any ideas. See pics above.
D10A49B2-D3EA-4B0C-BC97-C427CB3F511F.jpeg

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

BiPolarBear

Equipment
L245Dt
Jun 28, 2022
Australia
Looks a lot nicer. I am wondering if the clutch pedal is bent down ? It looks low compared to the floor board. If it was higher and more towards you, that would give you more travel on the pedal, and get it away from the pitman arm and the linkage.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too but there is a stopper under the foot rest that is preventing it from going further back
I might just modify or remove it and see how it goes.
Ta

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On my L185 the pedal is up against the floor board on the tractor when released so you should get yours moved up.

Kubota did supply a small block of wood to place between the pedal and thefloor board to separate the clutch plate from the flywheel while in storage and on later models had more elegant solutions to this. Perhaps you can rotate the block out of the way?

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
That orange paint looks nice. I guess now you will have to do the gray. Haha.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad you got it “sorted”. Any idea why that block was added? It may have been just a way to remove slack with out the proper adjustments?

Paint looks good.