L2402DT Front Axle Oil Leak

ironvein57

Equipment
L2402DT
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
Hi All, need to replace the seals in the front axle.
Is there a parts equivalent from Kubota. I have a L245DT manual that seems to indicate the same part number ending but would like to confirm before I pull the axle apart.

thank you

Botaken

Equipment
B1700HST/301 loader
Apr 15, 2014
Wis. Rapids, WI, USA
My experience, B1700, Leaking from center of ft. axel. Replaced all seals that could be source of leak. That did not stop the leak. I determined that it was the orings on the cups that support the pivoting action of axel. Got eng. dwgs from Kubota & measured everything up but found none out of spec. Got to looking at the oring & measured them up. Orings were under spec. (these were all parts from Kubota store) Went to local auto supply & ordered orings which were well w/i std. spec. Problem solved. I do know that lots of parts from Asia are substandard. Could it be that my dealer resupplied their orings from Harbor Freight??

RobL

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT; Kubota FEL; Wallenstein Log Splitter; King Cutter 5' Brush Hog
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Hi there, I have a copy of an original Japanese parts manual that covers the 1802/2002/2202/2402.

If you want to send me your email via pm we can chat and maybe I could probably get back to you with the part numbers and photos of the applicable pages. It would probably help if you could send me an image of the page
in the L245 manual you are looking at to help me focus in faster, since everything other than the part numbers are in Japanese...

Last edited: