L235 slow hydraulics

Rosgood14

Equipment
L4305DT
Jun 5, 2016
Sweeny, TX, USA
So I got this L235 a few months ago with the hydraulics not working. It had a new pump and I ended up draining fluid which had water and cleaning out the suction line which had crap in it. Replaced the filter and all worked as it should. Well about a month ago it started getting slow after it warmed up. I tried tinkering with it a little but no luck so I figured it would show itself sooner than later. Well today it almost stopped on me completely. I had adjusted the knob for how how fast it lowers earlier and I decided to play with it and while adjusting it the hydraulics shot right up for a minute then went back to going slow. I did it 2-3 times and sometimes it would work sometimes it would not. So that tells me that the pump seems to be working just fine but that there's a problem elsewhere. Could it be the filter already maybe some gunk was left in the tank or is there something I should be looking at with the knob.

Also no power steering and the filter is the canister on top of the pump. I believe it's an 83 model.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Does the tractor have a front end loader or are you trying to get the 3 point hitch to work?I would suspect junk still in the system. Try a filter/fluid change. You might remove the filter first and check for corruption. If this isn't the case, it might be as simple as repacking the 3ph lift cylinder.