L2201DT clutch issues

Ken S

Equipment
L2201DT
Nov 24, 2020
Alabama
Hello all.

I am new to the world of Kubota tractors as I purchased a used tractor from a friend last year.
I have a L2201DT that I believe is due for a clutch . Only 1st and 2nd gears in hi range will work .
Also when bush hogging in low range the pto and the tractor speed will both slow down and almost stop
in thick weeds .
Of course this is a gray market tractor and it has been tough finding a clutch for it.
What I am finding is it appears to be an 8&1/2” single stage clutch .
I think that it is same clutch as in a L245.
Any information that I am on the right track or any help obtaining parts would be
greatly appreciated. I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and hopefully
someone will share some .
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Ken S

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
A clutch normally lasts a VERY long time. Start by checking the adjustment before replacing the clutch. There should be a bit of very easy pedal push (a half inch?) before you actually run into the resistance of disengaging the clutch.

Ken S

Equipment
L2201DT
Nov 24, 2020
Alabama
Adjustment is ok . Previous owner is deceased and his son ho I purchased tractor from does not remember
clutch ever being replaced. I believe tractor to be late 70's model. i have new clutch kit ordered.
While I have it being split would like to have rear main seal replaced and valves adjusted.
I have not been able to determine correct part numbers.
It's my understanding the engine model is stamped om the dipstick but I have not had any luck that way either. I am posting pic of number from dipstick.

Kubota dipstick.jpg
Kubota dipstick.jpg

Ken S

Equipment
L2201DT
Nov 24, 2020
Alabama
Thanks for the responses guys.
REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP
I may have located a complete gasket and seal kit online in the $160 range.
will call them tomorrow to be sure it is right .Would probably be good to have on hand before splitting the tractor.