L2002dt and ROPS

RobL

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT; Kubota FEL; Wallenstein Log Splitter; King Cutter 5' Brush Hog
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Has anyone installed a ROPS on the L2002 or similar model?

I'm wondering if one for a similar North American L-series of approximately the same vintage (late 70's / early 80's) would fit, or if anyone has fabricated anything up for a mount that they could share photos of.

I'm aware of the Hercules that attaches via a u-channel bolted on where the top-link attachment flange is, but that option is excessively priced (especially after shipping and exchange), and I think area where the roll bar is welded to the upright or riser could use a bit more reinforcing.

I do not have and never will have any employees who will be operating the tractor, so fabricating one is an option. It needs to be properly constructed of quality materials, it does not necessarily need to be certified.

Last edited:

RobL

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT; Kubota FEL; Wallenstein Log Splitter; King Cutter 5' Brush Hog
Jul 14, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Just to close the loop on this thread: The SFL-27 ROPS kit from Kubota does work on this tractor, even though it's not on the list of compatible tractors, and even though the transmission case number in the original manual was not a match for any of the North American tractors - at least as far as I could find.

I did have to bend a piece of sheet metal that ran across behind the seat between the two fenders in order to gain enough clearance. I also had to drill holes in the same sheet metal piece with a hole saw to gain access to the seat belt brackets. Worked like a charm though.