l1801 new radiator fitment problems

mowerman

Equipment
L1801
Feb 10, 2013
Alabama
Been a while . L1801 tractor had been doing great , But its time for a new radiator . Before I removed I ordered one off the net for a l1801 . Short story , I got it and its to short . No way the shroud and side trim pieces will even fit . I removed mine and the core is 13" tall core +- and 14" +- wide core . The one I received is 10-3/4" tall core and 14" wide core . After I received it I got to looking and all the ones listed for a l1801 is the one with the shorter core . So I plugged the core dimensions on the net for my original and it shows the l245 radiator is the dimensions very close to mine . What are the chances this is what I need . It looks very close to mine . Has anyone run into this that can help .

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If the hose locations are correct and the cooling area is adequate go for it. I use to get my rads re-cored but those days seem to be long gone and nobody does this locally any more. No one wants to turn brake rotors and drums either.

mowerman

Equipment
L1801
Feb 10, 2013
Alabama
I would not have a problem with installing the shorter radiator except the front screen , side panels & fan shroud do not even come close to fitting . Hose fitting are in the right place . I did some more looking and found the l235 / l275 may work or even may be what I have . If someone has one of these tractors if I could get you to measure the bolt spacing ( Top to bottom )on the side that holds the shroud and side panels on . This may give me a direction to go . Heres a picture or two

Attachments

Last edited: