L175 Remote Hydraulic

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
@TheOldHokie please correct me if I’m thinking incorrectly.

The tank return basically is the fluid moving out of the cylinder so is really low flow and low pressure. The power beyond is the flow and pressure of the pump basically.

The pictures look like an older L185 ... series and there are limited points to get the hydraulic fluid back into the sump. The easiest is the transmission fill but on my L185 there is a bolt type plug on top of the case near the seat area that I plan to use for the tank return.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
@TheOldHokie please correct me if I’m thinking incorrectly.

The tank return basically is the fluid moving out of the cylinder so is really low flow and low pressure. The power beyond is the flow and pressure of the pump basically.

The pictures look like an older L185 ... series and there are limited points to get the hydraulic fluid back into the sump. The easiest is the transmission fill but on my L185 there is a bolt type plug on top of the case near the seat area that I plan to use for the tank return.
You are correct. The tank return line carries exhaust oil from the cylinders. That allows them to operate independently of down stream valves and cylinders.

It also provides an unrestricted path to tank for the pressure relief in the auxiliary valve when an overpressure condition occurs. This is of particular importance on the older B and L series machines where the hydraulic takeoff point is not protected by an upstream relief on the tractor. In that case the pressure relief in the auxiliary valve becomes the primary safety device for the pump. Without it you can easily deadhead the pump snd damage it.

Dan

Last edited:

Riverderwent

Equipment
L225
Apr 27, 2023
Shreveport
That is actually one of the easier ones to tap, there is already a plate to tap into the system (in yellow), problem is you will need to get someone to make a plate to bolt on that has threaded ports.
I don't know of the P/N or availability of a factory adapter.

Using that to run a log splitter will be terribly slow. The pump on that model was very small and weak originally.
It will run a normal remote cylinder fine, but the demand of a log splitter is too much.

On the backside of the plate is holes already 1/2 way through the plate, just run them all the way through and then plug the cross port.
On a Kubota L225 (L175 is the same I think) where can you tap into for the return line from the remote, and how did you route the high pressure relief line?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
On a Kubota L225 (L175 is the same I think) where can you tap into for the return line from the remote, and how did you route the high pressure relief line?
Lets be clear - there are three lines:

1. Pressure in from tractor
  2. Pressure out to the tractor - aka power beyond or high pressure carry over
  3. Tank return which is also the pressure relief circuit going to tank
Now which of those are you asking about?

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you talking about this adapter block (yellow)?
If so then Power (Out) and Power Beyond (Power return) both go to this block.
Low pressure return goes to a fill port, you'll need to make an adapter.

1682629818984.png

Riverderwent

Equipment
L225
Apr 27, 2023
Shreveport
Are you talking about this adapter block (yellow)?
If so then Power (Out) and Power Beyond (Power return) both go to this block.
Low pressure return goes to a fill port, you'll need to make an adapter.

View attachment 101195
Ok, that’s amazing. Thank you! Do the power out and the power in communicate inside the adapter block, or do they only communicate through the pathway through the hoses to and from the new implement or spool?

Riverderwent

Equipment
L225
Apr 27, 2023
Shreveport
Lets be clear - there are three lines:

1. Pressure in from tractor
  2. Pressure out to the tractor - aka power beyond or high pressure carry over
  3. Tank return which is also the pressure relief circuit going to tank
Now which of those are you asking about?

Dan
Thank you for responding so quickly! I’m referring to 2 and 3. Wolfman helped clear this up for me, but I don‘t know whether 1 and 2 communicate inside the block cover adapter or only through the new pathway.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you for responding so quickly! I’m referring to 2 and 3. Wolfman helped clear this up for me, but I don‘t know whether 1 and 2 communicate inside the block cover adapter or only through the new pathway.
See post number one in this thread for information on the block and flow path.

Think of the block as just a diverter in the pipe. The block that is installed in the pipe just stops the flow through the pipe and turns the flow 90 degrees out. The original cover then connects the flow back into the pipe (On the other side of the block).

Replace the original cover and then attach the flow from the pump. (1) to block out to a valve inlet and then the valve outlet (power beyond) back to the block (2) that completes the circuit back to the tractor (the original cover was just a short diversion the same as the long diversion with the new cover)

Hope that is somewhat clear.

Reactions: 1 user

Riverderwent

Equipment
L225
Apr 27, 2023
Shreveport
See post number one in this thread for information on the block and flow path.

Think of the block as just a diverter in the pipe. The block that is installed in the pipe just stops the flow through the pipe and turns the flow 90 degrees out. The original cover then connects the flow back into the pipe (On the other side of the block).

Replace the original cover and then attach the flow from the pump. (1) to block out to a valve inlet and then the valve outlet (power beyond) back to the block (2) that completes the circuit back to the tractor (the original cover was just a short diversion the same as the long diversion with the new cover)

Hope that is somewhat clear.
Very clear. Thank you!