L1500 three point lever operation

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
My neighbor let me borrow his tractor to move a dump truck load of dirt to the garden I think because he’s overly nice and felt sorry for me!

Anyway he had a box blade on the back so I used it to fix a couple big dips to make transport smoother to location and noticed his three point is “fixed”. I don’t know the real term. If you put the three point lever in position x the height of the implement is always the same for position x.

The l500 three point lever seems to be two settings. Lift or not. I push the lever forward to drop. Pull back to lift but the lever is always resting in the same spot. But then there is this depth nut adjustment on the three point lever linkages I never understood.

Should it work that if I push the lever forward just a little that eventually stop lowering until I push it further forward? The depth adjustment would make sense then! Is that how it’s supposed to work?

Thanks!

- Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your L1500 has a simple on/off off/on valve.

The other tractor has a proportional valve.

I don't know if your's will stop dropping or lifting partially through the stroke.
I would think it should do that if the feedback linkage is set right.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
The l500 three point lever seems to be two settings. Lift or not. I push the lever forward to drop. Pull back to lift but the lever is always resting in the same spot. But then there is this depth nut adjustment on the three point lever linkages I never understood.

Should it work that if I push the lever forward just a little that eventually stop lowering until I push it further forward? The depth adjustment would make sense then! Is that how it’s supposed to work?
- Mike

The green circled adjuster is set to the point you want the lever
to start lowering the 3 point
The red circled adjuster is set to the point the lifting of the 3 point
stops and the lever kicks off, back to it's "resting point"

The knob controls the speed of the lowering and locks the 3 point
(if it works, mine does not, I have to adjust the down speed with
the lever pressure).

Attachments

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Thanks! Still not sure I fully understand but going to go play with it and see if what you said makes sense then.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk