L1500 service or repair manual

AllenH

Oct 21, 2014
Alabama
Hello everyone, 1ST THIS IS GREAT SITE FOR ORANGE OWNERS, got my 1st orange today its L1500,its a story will be quick elderly man had this tractor need money the thing was out in weather who knows how long! Turn the switch to the left for 10 seconds then too right fired right up,has a 4foot bushog behind it, cut the old man grass.I rode this thing for about 1 hour,I loved every minute.Paid him cash! Got home first replaced every grease fitting on the tractor, Here is where i need help! after reading the post on here this thing must be gray market,the ID plate says L1500 but rest is in japanese.This tractor needs oil,air,fuel filter changed. I need help with part,service or repair manuals to get this tractor back in shape.Please help! the oil has a canister type filter,( no spin on) need info how to change.
Thanks, Allen

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome to the site:)

Oil filter: wix 51034
Fuel filter: wix 33390
Air filter: kubota 7000-11221

If you send me a pm with your email i can send you the parts and workshop manual for a kubota l175. It's the north american equivalent to your tractor. That and the l185. Engine parts are the same as the l175. It starts getting hazy when you start looking for parts for the transmission.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
The OP mentioned that he had a cartridge type filter. The number posted is a spin on filter and is not correct. Mine also has a cartridge filter. I will have to look up the number when I get home. It is available from NAPA if I remember correctly.

AllenH

Oct 21, 2014
Alabama
Thanks for the part numbers , this is amazing web site glad I found it. Prof mohair I read you also have the cartridge filter did you have any type of instructions to go look at or did you just figure out how to install the new filter? Thanks everyone , Allen

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The OP mentioned that he had a cartridge type filter. The number posted is a spin on filter and is not correct. Mine also has a cartridge filter. I will have to look up the number when I get home. It is available from NAPA if I remember correctly.
I missed that when i read it:eek:. Nice catch

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.

Bear1

Dec 20, 2014
Australia
Hello,
The Orange forum seems helpful.

I am a new L1500 kubota owner. No manuals etc.
Can anyone help with a:
- Workshop repair manual,
- parts manual and
- owners manual?

I assume the g/box has no synchro??
I ran the tractor (as bought-used) & did not seem to crunch the gears when changing from fwd to reverse & back again.
I topped up the transmission oil level to what appeared to the level plug & am now getting crunching of gears & slight traction even with the clutch fully in. Any ideas? Does the clutch need adjusting?? oil level need to be lowered?? Other??

Thanks for yr help.
Cheers

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Napa 7030 Oil Filter.

Learnt that the hard way. Lol

Appears to be a few new owners of this old "grey market" tractor.

All I can say is its a awesome tractor!

I went halfers on it with my neighbour and we both have new houses on 2 acres of real estate that need to be graded, landscaped and water management done. This old tractor purrs like a dream and will be just the right thing!

lexmarshall

Equipment
Kubota L1500 Tractor
Dec 22, 2012
Jellat Jellat,NSW,Australia
Welcome to the site:)

Oil filter: wix 51034
Fuel filter: wix 33390
Air filter: kubota 7000-11221

If you send me a pm with your email i can send you the parts and workshop manual for a kubota l175. It's the north american equivalent to your tractor. That and the l185. Engine parts are the same as the l175. It starts getting hazy when you start looking for parts for the transmission.
Hi Darren

I am in Australia and have an L1500. So I would love to have a copy of the manuals you mention. My email address is lexmarshall@internode.on.net

Regards and Merry Christmas

Lex

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hi Darren

I am in Australia and have an L1500. So I would love to have a copy of the manuals you mention. My email address is lexmarshall@internode.on.net

Regards and Merry Christmas

Lex

I should be able to send you what I have by tomarrow. Wife and I are headed home from visiting family. She has to upload all of the current pictures to her face book so she'll probably be hogging the computer tonight ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adamant

Equipment
L1500
Feb 18, 2015
Herberton, Qld, Australia
I should be able to send you what I have by tomarrow. Wife and I are headed home from visiting family. She has to upload all of the current pictures to her face book so she'll probably be hogging the computer tonight ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Darren, any chance of a me too? Just bought an L1500 and I don't even know how to drive it onto the truck! Will pm you my email.

Lex, it's usually not a great idea to post your email publicly, you'may end up getting more spam as a result. Just fyi mate :)

Comalco

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, Rotary hoe, auger, plow, ripper: L3800HST, carry all, blade, slasher
Apr 4, 2015
Australia
Hello Darren,

I have found a couple of really helpful tips here from other users that have helped introduce me to the L1500 Bulldog I bought a while ago - including a steering box rebuild.

I'd greatly appreciate a copy of the manual also -especially if it has the electrical diagram. The L175 electrical digram I got of the site a while ago actually is a little different to my L1500 wiring, and I would love to rewire mine as it has several broken/severed lights and blows a fuse on the fuse box each time I replace it. (This cannot be anything important though, as the tractor starts and runs fine.

My email is comalco2000@hotmail.com if you would be so kind to send the manual(s)?

Many thanks to all on the site for sharing and supporting each other.

rory strong

Equipment
L1500
May 17, 2015
Montavello, al
I just bought an L1500 last week and while driving it i realized the brakes were not working well and after a closer inspection a threaded rod connecting to brake system was bent and broke. I can't find parts or an owner manual, any help would be greatly appreciated. Rory

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Go to www.kubotabooks.com and download the parts manual for the l175 :D the majority of the parts on the l1500 are the same as the l175 ;)

Pm me you email and I can send you the work shop manual for the l175

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post a picture of the brake set-up and we can try and see what it crosses with.
If it's the style of brakes I think it is:
Did you take the drum off?
It comes off with a circlip on the shaft.
shoes should be just held in by springs

Last edited: