l1500 injector pump

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Hi . cool forum.
my injector pump on my l1500 wont make pressure . i have bleed it many times , i found a small amount of debri under the outlet . but still wont pump . the engine is a z750 .
I found a pump that looks the same but the part number is off by one digit . mine is listed as a 15221-51010 and the one i found is listed as a 15221-51011 . does any one know if it may fit my tractor

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Vic , thanks
I have pulled off the metal lines and found blockage in one of them.
cleaned the injectors .and have the cover off and watched the cam move the pistons . when i used the book it said to bleed the filter until it ran out then bleed the line to the pump till it ran out . then turn it over untill the lines at the injectors got wet/loose...
i never got the pump to do anything .. so i removed the top valve on the pump and found rust debri in that valve and on one side the spring is missing . I got this as a basket case so i dont know how long it has been since it was running .
I contacted the seller of the new pump and he found z750 on the tag of the pump . so it should fit my motor . as it was said to be new in the box for 200$ I will try it and see .
How much should the lines to the pump flow disconneted so i can look for a restriction ?
Thanks for a great place to find info ,, i will have many more questions as soon as i make it GO .

Comalco

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, Rotary hoe, auger, plow, ripper: L3800HST, carry all, blade, slasher
Apr 4, 2015
Australia
I have a problem with my L1500. Front cylinder is getting fuel, rear isnt. Checked the lines, pulled the injector valves of the top off the Assy Fuel Pump Injector 15221-51010. No fuel coming from the back valve. Cleaned and checked valves, even swapped them, no difference. So I suspect the piston is rusted in and not pumping. Have seen several other YouTubes showing the same issue with rust.Witll pull the pump out tomorrow and see if I can resurrect it......... any ideas, hints, tips welcomed....... it was working, then stopped...so I suspect it just rusted fast between usage days.........