L1-38 Information

nsmitchell

Equipment
L1-38, loader, backhoe, plough, cultivator, Wood chipper
Just purchased an L1-38 4x4 with loader and backhoe on the 3 pt hitch. Looking for equivalent model (if one exists) in Canada. Only have a couple of hours on it but want to find manuals to spend some of the Alberta winter tinkering and ensuring it will last a long time. It only has 1700 hours but I want to go through everything to keep it in good condition. Looking forward to many years of use.

nsmitchell

Equipment
Thanks Vic. I hope that rare doesn't mean it's a bad engine. She sounds sweet and I do not plan to drive her that hard so I hope to have her for along while. Again, thanks for the info and keep on with your support for these tractors it is appreciated.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi nsmitchell
No reason to think that engine would be any less reliable than all the other Kubota's. Given reasonable maintenance you should never have any problems with it. Those 5 cylinders are really sweet runners, I'm disappointed that Kubota has gone away from them.
ED

Last edited:

nsmitchell

Equipment
Dropped in for manuals from Edmonton Kubota and they're printing them off. All three for under $80. Good deal. Couldn't convince them to give me the soft copy but I'll scan and put on a CD eventually for all. Found the manuals for my Wallenstein backhoe on their site for free and in color. Good deal. Anyone have experience with PTO driven chipper/shredders I have about 30 ac. to clean up and make trails with the new tractor and the chainsaw.