L 2501 not stable

fundybreeze

Oct 25, 2017
Bass River Nova Scotia
Hello just bought a new L2501 nice little tractor very pleased with it the big problem with it is stability not ver stable it has industrial tires and a loader and no the tires are not loaded I did have a b7100 and mowed all the same hills with no problem The tractor seems very narrow In the back end does anyone else have one of these and have the same problem any suggestions on a cure Thanks and stay safe

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Are you having problems doing loader work or mowing?

If mowing load the tires with liquid. Depending upon your weather, it will determine what liquid to load the tires with. This a DIY project unless you want to do Rim Guard. Remove the front end loader or if you have a SSQA bucket just remove the bucket.

For loader work again load the tires. Then make sure you carry ballast weight on the rear of the tractor. If you have a rotary cutter or box blade that might be enough. You might need to buy/make a ballast box for the rear. The heavier and the lower you can carry the load on the rear the more stable it will feel.

You can also buy wheel spacers to set the tires out wider if you still do not feel safe.

The last thing I can think of right now is to engage the 4 x 4. This might help the "oh no" feeling go away.

Keep us abreast of the outcome.

PS Check the air pressure in the tires. If they are over inflated they will act as if the wheels are set in to be narrow. Let them be soft enough to touch the tread onto the ground as wide as the tire is.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
As Big G said well, load the tires and consider rear wheel spacers. Loaded tires will make a big difference in stability. Around here, most dealers won’t sell a new one with a loader installed without loading the tires.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As BAP said, even my little BX came with Rimguard in the tires as it had a loader on it.

Are you mowing hills with the loader on?

If so, first try taking bucket off if SSQA, or taking loader off altogether.

Last edited:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
My L2501 has the capability of mounting the rear wheels at three different widths. You might check where yours are set before investigating spacers. Yes, the tractor seems light in the rear end so filled tires or a weight on the back is also a good idea.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My L2501 has the capability of mounting the rear wheels at three different widths. You might check where yours are set before investigating spacers. Yes, the tractor seems light in the rear end so filled tires or a weight on the back is also a good idea.
You must have R1s? The R4s aren’t adjustable.