Kubota "Shockless Ride" accumulator

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Anybody have one of these on their loader? Thinking about getting one on my tractor when I order it.

Pros-Cons...is it worth the $$$ or not so much?

Thanks in advance.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Anybody have one of these on their loader? Thinking about getting one on my tractor when I order it.

Pros-Cons...is it worth the $$$ or not so much?

Thanks in advance.
The same device is sold under the name "Soft Drive." Available as an aftermarket product. Google the name to read lots of opinions from owners who have it..

When I was getting to buy my new Kubota in 2012, I read up a lot on the device. Some love it others turn it off

If you do a lot traveling on the road road you might appreciate the smoother loader. Others find the loader operation less precise because of the cushioning. All can be turned off. Sometimes with a hand valve and sometimes with an electric valve

I did not buy it.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
i have a 'Quicke'/ALO brand loader on my machine. i got the 'soft ride' option. It's a hydraulic accumulator on the lift circuit. operates with an manila shut off valve to isolate it. I took delivery before it arrived and installed it myself after, took all of 5 minutes.
It does help on the road (i road a lot). with some of the bouncing. It does make precise movements of the bucket impossible. but when you know ya gotta. load something on a 1/2 ton box you shut it off and carry on.
was it worth $1000? probably not. Is it nice after adding it? Yes. would i but it again? probably not, but maybe.

Attachments