KUBOTA SAFETY SWITCHES

donp815

Equipment
L3010 W/front loader and backhoe: Satoh Beaver W/tiller
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Could somebody please direct me to a diagram that shows location of all safety switches on a L3010? It has sat out in weather for last month and will not start. Started and ran fine when I moved it. It has a bucket and backhoe on it. Battery checks good and connections are good. I thought at first PTO was in gear, because that's the way it acts. Surely would appreciate any input.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
The dealership pages have on-line parts ordering look-up which include diagrams.

I also use Messicks on-line part ordering diagrams.

Electrical "rule of thumb" for me:
Check Battery voltage
Check the ground
Check the fuses

If I suspected a faulty switch as you mention, I might build a jumper and start with the seat and clutch pedal switches (using all due precautions of course :)

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Does the engine turn over and not start or do you get nothing when you hit the starter? If the latter is the issue be sure to depress the clutch when trying to start and if it's HST be sure not to put pressure on the treadle when a start is attempted. (I've done both and had failure to start.) Of course the PTO or seat switch could enter in there also. You may need to ensure transmission in in neutral as well.

donp815

Equipment
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Check the back of your manual for the electrical schematics, it will/should show you how many switches you need to find.
Check the back of your manual for the electrical schematics, it will/should show you how many switches you need to find.
Bought about 10 years ago used. No manual. Battery tests good, fuses good, all connections good. Forward, reverse in neutral and clutch depressed. No engine turn over. Acts like a safety switch is holding me out. Does same thing when I forget to take PTO out before trying to start. Don't think it has switch on seat because I would start it and get off tractor to get to backhoe. Have done this many times. I have already tried Messicks and couldn't even find a safety switch on their diagrams. Knowing where the switches are physically located is my big problem. I do appreciate the ideas sent from all. THANKS

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Bought about 10 years ago used. No manual. Battery tests good, fuses good, all connections good. Forward, reverse in neutral and clutch depressed. No engine turn over. Acts like a safety switch is holding me out. Does same thing when I forget to take PTO out before trying to start. Don't think it has switch on seat because I would start it and get off tractor to get to backhoe. Have done this many times. I have already tried Messicks and couldn't even find a safety switch on their diagrams. Knowing where the switches are physically located is my big problem. I do appreciate the ideas sent from all. THANKS
I think you can find a free copy of the workshop manual for the L3010 at Kubota books.com…

Take a look and see.

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
One safety switch right under your forward/reverse lever is easy to check.
Remove the shroud , take the safety switch out with one screw. Run some very fine
sandpaper (400 ) through the contacts. Not sure if it will work for you but it did for me when I had a no start issue. Contacts were corroded/tarnished.

donp815

Equipment
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
I think you can find a free copy of the workshop manual for the L3010 at Kubota books.com…

Take a look and see.
THANKS all for your input!! And thanks Henro for the link to the manuals. I'm sure it will be useful in future also. Looking at wiring diagram, I see 3 switches and a starter relay, any one of these could be the problem. I think dash needs removed to get to relay and shifter switch. will have to look harder for the others but know how many and approximate location of them. The ones that I know for sure are working are PTO and shuttle. Have shut down for day several times and forgot until trying to start next time. Clutch may be bypassed already. Forecast for rain next few days, so may be a while before I get back.

donp815

Equipment
Jul 2, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
One safety switch right under your forward/reverse lever is easy to check.
Remove the shroud , take the safety switch out with one screw. Run some very fine
sandpaper (400 ) through the contacts. Not sure if it will work for you but it did for me when I had a no start issue. Contacts were corroded/tarnished.
Thanks Woodsy. Will check out.