Kubota questions

LilBuck

Equipment
Lots
Feb 26, 2009
Kearney, Missouri,US
First off Thanks to Mr. K for getting me squared away and able to post!!! I have numerous Kubota tractors or equipment powered with Kubota engines so very excited on my part to find this forum. My first question is for a 1992 M6950 with 2300 hours and FEL. My hydraulic warning light came on and the loader started acting sluggish. I replaced the 80 filter and within 3 hours of run time same thing happened. When I pulled the filter there was a little milky fluid so I drained all the fluid, 2 sumps, and replaced fluid and filter. Again within 5 hours of operation I was running a 9 ft disc mower and the PTO shot off and front loader was again non functional. Is there an extra filter I am missing or is it possable that there is a sump screen or something check valve etc???? I have pulled the filter and the fluid looks fine now and the fluid level seems to be in normal range. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey Buck, welcome to the forum, glad to see that you are all fixed up now! Did you have to click the "Remember Me" check box near the username and password entries to be able to post properly - I know some folks on AOL are having a hard time and this fix worked for them, I was wondering if you needed to do the same.

LilBuck

Equipment
Lots
Feb 26, 2009
Kearney, Missouri,US
Vic Thanks for taking the time and researching for this!! I used genuine Kubota filters as I cannot find an aftermarket cross for this filter. The filters are just as you say with the wire mesh and magnet and they look good, no deteriation or black junk coming out of the bottom. I washed the first one I replaced with diesel just to see what would come out of it and really pretty clean. I did not realize these were washable filters although I admit to trying that just to get the hay mowing done. What do you recommend washing the filter with?? I will check the return line behind the banjo fitting this weekend as I have a sneaky feeling there is something else going on here!!! Thanks again!! I love this site!!!! Buck

LilBuck

Equipment
Lots
Feb 26, 2009
Kearney, Missouri,US
Wow Vic this is fun as you have given me some ideas as stuff to do with my tractor that i never even thought of like power shifting uphill with 5 big round bales!!! That really sounds fun but dangerous:) The temp idea is right on the money with that big of a disc mower and the pto will overheat and shut down after about an hour or so, that fixes that problem as i sold that disc mower and went with a smaller 7 foot much beter to run off of a 70 hp tractor. The light comes on right at start up though and stays on the loader might be sluggish right at start up or it might work fine for 10 minutes and then get sluggish. If I drain the filter and put it back on the system seems to prime just fine I let it run for 10 minutes and then the light is off and the loader works fine for any where from 10 minutes to 20 minutes and then light comes on and loader gets sluggish?? Anyway I know I am beating this horse for all it is worth, so I will double check the fliter for debris and the magnet for metal and I appreciate the info on washing these things as as you say 70 bucks for a filter isn't cheap!!! Thanks again for all the patience and hard work!!!! Buck