Kubota QA vs SSQA

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
I'm aware of the many attachments that are available for Skid steers.
How many would actually work w/ a tractor?
Most all of the attachments use Hyd. power that is just not available in the tractors.
(available in volume)
I know forks,grapple are probably the most common, also need very little hyd. to operate.
With the weight difference of adding the SSQA and (almost always) heavier attachments, would the Kubota QA be better?
Pros / cons?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A good SSQA adapter adds very little weight.
An yes IMHO an SSQA is well worth the cost and any weight lifting loss!

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Wish I had gone for QA on my L4610 when I got it in 2002. I think the standard Kubota QA setup accepts skidsteer type attachments so it's just a matter of which attachment will work successfully on your tractor regarding weight, function and hydraulic requirements, if any. Many owners rave about their grapples, and there are versions designed to work on a tractor. A pallet fork setup is also popular. Implements running off the 3 point and pto are quite a bit more affordable than the same thing set up for SSQA use.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Bucket, Forks, Grapple (uses hydraulics), rock scoop, 2" receiver (often mounted on forks), bale spear, snow blade and dozer blade, etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One other is a QA plate to hook up three point implements, works awesome with my landscape rake.

Like others have said, you need to be mindful of the weight of the implements you are getting.

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
I was just trying to figure out if the extra expense of the SSQA was worth it VS. the Kubota QA.

Basically, what non-hyd. attachments were available.
Some good suggestions here, thanks.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I converted my LA504 loader from pin-on to SSQA and absoluty love it.

I would recommed the SSQA over the propriotry Kubota QA just for the wider market of attachments available.

eng1886trk

Equipment
2016 B2650, 60" bucket, QH15, RB1572, LR1572, BB1260, 42" forks
Mar 9, 2016
Lancaster, PA
I switch between forks and bucket often and wouldn't be without the SSQA. It's so much easier. I plan on getting a grapple and snow blade yet that are SSQA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
I was just trying to figure out if the extra expense of the SSQA was worth it VS. the Kubota QA.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kubota QA is the same as SSQA. This was always a selling point for Kubota vs. Deere because Deere had its own proprietary QA.

blktipton

Dec 22, 2015
US
I use my tractor for maintaining a portion of a driveway and clearing a hill of brush, stumps and rocks to excavation for a new portion. I switch between 2 buckets fairly frequently. I understand most people don't use their tractor for that purpose. But, I find it very useful to have a standard QA that allows me to do this. It is also nice being able to buy any brands grapple bucket in the future. (Cost is an issue right now, by the time you add the aux hydraulics). But not being limited to a proprietary system is always something I'm fond of.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Kubota QA is the same as SSQA. This was always a selling point for Kubota vs. Deere because Deere had its own proprietary QA.
I probably should have rephrased, By Kubota QA I meant their "pin on" system,
vs. the SSQA.
Sorry for the confusion.