Kubota MX5100 Nightmare!

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
I'm not saying this is the answer to your problem, but I had a engine lugging problem when I owned my 680 Case backhoe. I replaced all the hydraulic lines and filters, removed the hydraulic tank and flushed it and the sump screen and reassembled everything.

The hydraulic pressure was down, so I adjusted it with a gauge and the service manual. The hydraulics were like new, responsive and powerful, as they should be. A week later I was clearing brush with the loader and broke for lunch. Came out a half hour later, started the tractor and went to take off and it wouldn't rev above 1200rpm, and it did so slowly. I scratched my head, looked for leaks, checked for blocked air intake and filter and found nothing.

What I found after about an hour of searching is that the hose that feeds the backhoe had partially disconnected, effectively dead heading the hydraulic pump. I cleaned the male and female connectors, installed a new O ring and connected the hose. All was fine. Perhaps the hydraulic system dead heading or the hydrostatic system dead heading is causing your problem.

CoThG

Equipment
MX6000, Z421
Mar 7, 2021
Ohio
I am working on it. All if the mechanics around here seem to be hydro ignorant. I may try to tackle this myself. I would gladly take all of the help that I can get if you are up for it?

We fly into KBOI. Boise is a beautiful place.
Who do you fly for?

R1pilot83

Equipment
B2400
Jun 17, 2020
OHIO
Fast forward 1 year, I found a local shop that split the tractor twice trying to find the hydro issue the engine company stated the tractor had. Against my wishes they pulled the pump (Im thankful) and sent it off to Cincy Diesel injection. The injection shop found the pump had never been Rebuilt like the engine builder claimed. The timing was also off. The new shop adjusted the valves, rebuilt the pump (plungers had swirl marks) and adjusted the timing. The tractor runs like a scalded dog.

Next question, do I go after the engine shop that lied about rebuilding the pump, and charging me for a turbo. 1000.00.

I am looking into getting a lawyer. This tractor was down almost 2 years because they would not allow anyone to touch the pump for warranty reasons. The whole time this tractor wasn't running right due to their negligence in building the engine.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Fast forward 1 year, I found a local shop that split the tractor twice trying to find the hydro issue the engine company stated the tractor had. Against my wishes they pulled the pump (Im thankful) and sent it off to Cincy Diesel injection. The injection shop found the pump had never been Rebuilt like the engine builder claimed. The timing was also off. The new shop adjusted the valves, rebuilt the pump (plungers had swirl marks) and adjusted the timing. The tractor runs like a scalded dog.

Next question, do I go after the engine shop that lied about rebuilding the pump, and charging me for a turbo. 1000.00.

I am looking into getting a lawyer. This tractor was down almost 2 years because they would not allow anyone to touch the pump for warranty reasons. The whole time this tractor wasn't running right due to their negligence in building the engine.
You need to calculate your damages. If you are planning to sue in Ohio (your listed location), the Small Claims Court limit is $6,000. If $6K or less will make you whole, Small Claims Court might be your best route; your only costs will be filing/service fees (probably around $150).

Additionally, you need to review your work order/contract with the shop; it may specify arbitration as a first step.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Update Wolfman!
So a year later and you've got it running right!
Well that's good news for you!

I've read and see quite a few horror stories about mechanics that don't know what they are doing, it's sad!