Kubota m9540 front end load capacity

James2021

Equipment
Kubota M9540
Jan 2, 2021
Oklahoma
I couldn't find anywhere it state the front end loader lift capacity. Any pro or experience user here know how much the tractor can lift at 4 feet from semi trailer. I plan to lift a pallet of 2.5k pound once every other week or so until I get a real folklift or bobcat. Thanks in advance.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Tractor Data shows two different FEL. Both LA1583 the high reach can lift 2866 to full height. The shorter FEL can pick 2977 to full height. Both at 500mm from the pivot point.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Tractor Data shows two different FEL. Both LA1583 the high reach can lift 2866 to full height. The shorter FEL can pick 2977 to full height. Both at 500mm from the pivot point.
That weight would include the pallet forks. Your forks will need to be less than 366lbs. But yeah, probably fine.

James2021

Equipment
Kubota M9540
Jan 2, 2021
Oklahoma
That weight would include the pallet forks. Your forks will need to be less than 366lbs. But yeah, probably fine.
Thank you for responding. Now I know it can lift base on the weight number. Do you think I may need something behind to counter the loader weight?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Thank you for responding. Now I know it can lift base on the weight number. Do you think I may need something behind to counter the loader weight?
Absolutely. Lifting anywhere near maximum weight will need ballasting or your rear wheels will come off ground.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You need something very heavy. I do not think a box blade would be heavy enough. Are you tires loaded? Do you have wheel weights? An IBC tote, one of the big ones, 275 or 330 gallons loaded with water should work if you have a way to mount it on the 3 point.

If you have access to large round bales, one might be heavy enough.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
There are a mix of views on the appropriate ways to ballast. In general anything that keeps your rear wheels on the ground is good - so something is better than nothing.

In terms of impact on tractor, ballast that is behind the back wheels is better. Because of the way the pivot works, if the weight is on your 3 pt hitch then it is tending to lift the front wheels - reducing load on the front axle. Many people (myself included) think that's better. Loaded rear wheels will stop the wheels lifting, but don't reduce load on the front axle in the same way.

But most of that is kind of theoretical. The MX is a well built machine. The front axle won't break with any load the loader can lift. It's just important you have ballast.

Since it seems you're new to this game, I'll put a bit more detail (at risk of teaching you to suck eggs and all that).

The front wheels of your tractor are on a pivot - they don't give you any tipping over stability. The rear wheels are what stops your tractor from tipping over. If you get the rear wheels too light, and drive even reasonably slowly with a load up in the air at any height, it is surprisingly easy to tip your machine on it's side - even on level ground. Ballasting stops you doing this, as does keeping your load as low to the ground as you safely can when driving. And be really aware of potholes or bumps - hitting a bump while turning can be all it takes to tip you on your side.

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
I think you may find 2500lbs to be difficult to unload with it. When you add a set of forks, it’ll be at your limits. It’ll probably do it, but not like it much.
I’m running 2 larger Kubotas (M135X& M126X) and trying to lift 3,300lbs (2 large square bales and a set of bale forks) and that’s about all it’ll handle.
Also, I previously owned an M9540 dual speed and it would barely lift 2500 off the ground. It is a little easier starting at 4’ and unloading from a truck down to the ground, but be careful and make sure you get some counter weights installed and keep max pressure in the front tires.
Also keep in mind Kubotas can encounter front axle bearing & seal problems when you push the loader to it’s limits. I just finished replacing seals & bearings for the second time on my M126X from doing a lot of heavy loader work. Once in a while is ok, but regular heavy loading like I’m doing puts a lot of stress on front axle components..

1635414429256.jpeg

1635414020810.jpeg

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I think you may find 2500lbs to be difficult to unload with it. When you add a set of forks, it’ll be at your limits. It’ll probably do it, but not like it much.
I’m running 2 larger Kubotas (M135X& M126X) and trying to lift 3,300lbs (2 large square bales and a set of bale forks) and that’s about all it’ll handle.
Also, I previously owned an M9540 dual speed and it would barely lift 2500 off the ground. It is a little easier starting at 4’ and unloading from a truck down to the ground, but be careful and make sure you get some counter weights installed and keep max pressure in the front tires.
Also keep in mind Kubotas can encounter front axle bearing & seal problems when you push the loader to it’s limits. I just finished replacing seals & bearings for the second time on my M126X from doing a lot of heavy loader work. Once in a while is ok, but regular heavy loading like I’m doing puts a lot of stress on front axle components..

View attachment 68589

View attachment 68588
Agreed.

I certainly would not try to do it repetatively but might try to get by once or twice with SUBSTANTIAL ballast mounted on the lift.

SDT

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN

No! For maximum FEL lifting, unloaded tires with nothing on the 3ph will work just fine.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Huntsville Hospital ER and Morgue
Madison Memory Gardens Funeral Home

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Several yrs ago I weighed the frt axle of my M7040/FEL/rd bale with & without a 1000 # round bale on 3 pt fork for counter balance. The results are as follows with 610# less weight exerted on scales by frt axle with counter balance in place.
Frt axle with bale on frt and bale on the rear 5380#s
Frt axle with bale on frt nothing on the rear 5990#s

Less weight exerted on scales by frt axle=less wear/tear on frt axle/tires