Kubota M7060 Fuel Tank lower fuel line connectors

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
I ran over something with my M7060 and broke one of two rubber fuel line connectors into the bottom of the fuel tank. Can anyone tell me how this plastic connector is fixed into the fuel tank? Thank you!

Joe

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I had my tank off a few years ago,my memory is a bit foggy, but looking at the parts diagram to help jog it, now I seem to remember the fuel hose connects to a plastic nipple that does not look easily replaceable. The good thing, the tank is not hard to drop down,I assume it's empty now if you broke the line off so that helps! There's nothing inside the tank on the backside of the nipple like a strainer or screen. you'll likely have to goop/epoxy a new nipple in place. The fuel level sender hole should be big enough to reach inside the tank.

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
I had my tank off a few years ago,my memory is a bit foggy, but looking at the parts diagram to help jog it, now I seem to remember the fuel hose connects to a plastic nipple that does not look easily replaceable. The good thing, the tank is not hard to drop down,I assume it's empty now if you broke the line off so that helps! There's nothing inside the tank on the backside of the nipple like a strainer or screen. you'll likely have to goop/epoxy a new nipple in place. The fuel level sender hole should be big enough to reach inside the tank.
Thank you for that information, very helpful! I did disconnect things and took the bottom support plate off. I put a jack under the tank to support it. The plastic nipple is broken off just outside the tank, about a quarter of an inch still showing, but I am unable to get a decent grip on it to free it. Do you mean that I can reach into the tank to get the nipple out or would you have another suggestion? Also, I cannot find a Kubota part number for this nipple? Thank you!

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
When I looked at the diagram it didn't appear it was a part, so I suspect it's not replaceable from Kubota at least. If you drop the tank, you'll see the fuel level sensor, remove it and that will give you access to the inside of the tank, then you can see exctly what's on the inside of the tank at the nippple.
I'm guessing you'll have to drill the old one out and get creative with something you can bolt on.

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
When I looked at the diagram it didn't appear it was a part, so I suspect it's not replaceable from Kubota at least. If you drop the tank, you'll see the fuel level sensor, remove it and that will give you access to the inside of the tank, then you can see exctly what's on the inside of the tank at the nippple.
I'm guessing you'll have to drill the old one out and get creative with something you can bolt on.
That is what I suspected as well. If I can reach it from the top of the tank maybe I can pull it out from the inside, otherwise i will have to drill it out from the outside. I should be able to find a plastic or brass nipple I can epoxy in there. Otherwise it is a whole new tank for $700 or $800. Not an option!! Thank you again for your assistance.

Joe