Kubota M7030SU What RPM to start off with

Tcapito

Equipment
M7030
Apr 18, 2022
West palm beach Fl
I am rebuilding a Kubota M7030SU and am getting ready to have a new clutch installed. I do not want to ruin a new clutch and am not familiar with a manual transmission. I am guessing when I start my PTO with a bushhog attached I should lift the bushhog off the ground a few inches and engage pto before idling to 540 rpm (2000rpm tractor) But when I put the tractor in gear to move forward should It be at 2500RPM or do I start around 1300 or so then power up while moving. Seems like changing forward gears at 2000 rpms is a little high wont this burn the clutch prematurely. Thanks in advance

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am rebuilding a Kubota M7030SU and am getting ready to have a new clutch installed. I do not want to ruin a new clutch and am not familiar with a manual transmission. I am guessing when I start my PTO with a bushhog attached I should lift the bushhog off the ground a few inches and engage pto before idling to 540 rpm (2000rpm tractor) But when I put the tractor in gear to move forward should It be at 2500RPM or do I start around 1300 or so then power up while moving. Seems like changing forward gears at 2000 rpms is a little high wont this burn the clutch prematurely. Thanks in advance
In general you do not shift gear drive tractors on the fly. Pick your working gear before starting in motion. You will not burn up your clutch starting in any gear.

Raise the bushog off the ground before engaging the PTO. You can run it at any speed the tractor can handle. 540 PTO is typically around 200 engine RPM.

DAN

Tcapito

Equipment
M7030
Apr 18, 2022
West palm beach Fl
In general you do not shift gear drive tractors on the fly. Pick your working gear before starting in motion. You will not burn up your clutch starting in any gear.

Raise the bushog off the ground before engaging the PTO. You can run it at any speed the tractor can handle. 540 PTO is typically around 200 engine RPM.

DAN
Thank you I appreciate that