kubota m7030 creeper gear

Tcapito

Equipment
M7030
Apr 18, 2022
West palm beach Fl
rebuilding a 1997 kubota m7030 I bought for 500.00 Have went through almost the entire tractor so far. A lot of work, I am wondering whatthe creeper gear is for. My old tractor was a compact with hydrostatic so I am new to clutch tractors. The manual says the creeper gear has a high and low but what is it and how do I use it do I leave it in high when I am using the tractor for mowing etc. Is it used for pulling stumps some threads say they are weaker and pulling in creeper gear will break something. There shows no neutral just high and low. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
The creeper has a high and low. The low side is used for low speed maneuvering such as inside barns, some planters (trees, etc) spraying operations or working close to fences, buildings, etc where you might do significant damage by going to fast. . The high side is for normal speed operation. Some tractor manufacturers say not to use the low side for high torque/low speed operation (stump pulling for instance) but I haven’t seen where Kubota states that. I could be wrong about that so you would want to talk to a dealer for clarification. The high side is for normal tractor speeds such as mowing, cultivating, planters, tillers). You could creep with a tiller but it‘s probably overkill.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Creeper is a VERY VERY LOW-GEAR for performing extremely slow farming operations.