Kubota m126x

John stephens

Equipment
M126x
Jul 16, 2018
Appleton wa.98602
I am new to this forum and not real computer savvy so please bare with me, I just bought a 2009 m126x with 1950 hours with a engine miss they didn't know it had a miss but knocked off 2k and I bought it any way. Hind sight is 20/20 took to dealership to be repaired they found 6 egr screws under valve cover had fallen out 1 screw got under rocker arm and broke a push rod that was the engine miss. 3 screws were found on top of the head the other three screws were found in the oil pan. When the oil pan was taken down there was a large amount of aluminum found in the oil pan, no bearing material but shards of aluminum. I am assuming something is pushing on the balance shaft or cam shaft up against the cover causing the rubbing that is causing aluminum shards. We haven't disassembled the engine any farther to see where the aluminum is coming from keeping in mind the timing gears are at the back of the motor with a cast steel cover and aluminum covers are in front by the water and oil pump. Assuming the aluminum is coming from the front covers. Wondering if anyone has any kind of similar situations or experiences? Cut the oil filter open and found no aluminum. Thank you in advance.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I am assuming something is pushing on the balance shaft or cam shaft up against the cover causing the rubbing that is causing aluminum shards. We haven't disassembled the engine any farther to see where the aluminum is coming from keeping in mind the timing gears are at the back of the motor with a cast steel cover and aluminum covers are in front by the water and oil pump. Assuming the aluminum is coming from the front covers.
Unfortunately you really need to track down the root cause and repair, could be expensive. Hope you get out of it cheaply. Let us know what you find.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum John.

Sorry to hear about the problems.

Has the dealer given you any idea of what he thinks the worst case scenario could be and what that would cost to fix.

I always look at that first because I hate to keep going and find more and more problems and get deeper and deeper in cost until I have so much already invested that it only makes sense to complete the repair, whereas if I had known early on what the maximum cost could be, then I could have made a more informed decision and maybe cut my losses .

John stephens

Equipment
M126x
Jul 16, 2018
Appleton wa.98602
The dealer did mention a new motor around 20k for just the motor plus install,I told them to replace the broken push rod then do a compression test I looked at the rod bearings and Pistons and the lower part of the cylinders myself which it all looked like new. I said to them if the compression is good, find the source of the shards of aluminum. Find problem then fix problem don't just throw more money than is necessary at it ,keeping in mind 1950 hours and the bottom end looks new no bearing issue but schards of aluminum that is being cut off from some source that hasn't been found yet. Piston skirts are all good the only thing I can think of is an aluminum cover and something is up against it causing the source of aluminum pieces . I have been an auto tech for 35 years the reason it's in the shop is I thought it was a computer issue rather than a mechanical issue and to busy in harvest now that tractor is torn all apart too late to any thing else. I am thinking that the tractor had two different things wrong, one being the screws which fell out do to the factory not putting lock tight on and fell out which broke the push rod and the other is this aluminum issue thanks for everyone's thoughts

Snowhawk

Equipment
M126x
Dec 1, 2021
Wi
Did you ever find the source of the aluminum I have a tractor with the same aluminum in the oil pan with about the same hours