Kubota LX2610

twodogshouse

Equipment
L2650, BX25D, RTV500, G1800S
Jul 21, 2018
Big Lake, MN
That is true.
I just would like to clarify some misleading info regarding "free financing" from the dealer's perspective. The dealers are not offering these deals on their. They are offered by Kubota Credit and are a sales incentive from Kubota Tractor Corp. These are used in lieu of bigger cash discounts because they have access to "cheap" money and it maintains their pricing integrity better than cash discounting plus it is what the customer asks for. It is the same reason car companies offer cheap leases so they don't cheapen their brand by discounting it but still make it more affordable. Honda and Toyota have done this since they first entered the US market. These manufacturer 0% deals are real and are a great deal if it fits your practical needs but, of course, should not overrule common sense. Many people use the 0% financing even when they are able to pay cash simply because they can better use their money elsewhere. My point is that dealers normally have nothing to do with these sales incentive offers.

Reactions: 1 user

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I just would like to clarify some misleading info regarding "free financing" from the dealer's perspective. The dealers are not offering these deals on their. They are offered by Kubota Credit and are a sales incentive from Kubota Tractor Corp. These are used in lieu of bigger cash discounts because they have access to "cheap" money and it maintains their pricing integrity better than cash discounting plus it is what the customer asks for. It is the same reason car companies offer cheap leases so they don't cheapen their brand by discounting it but still make it more affordable. Honda and Toyota have done this since they first entered the US market. These manufacturer 0% deals are real and are a great deal if it fits your practical needs but, of course, should not overrule common sense. Many people use the 0% financing even when they are able to pay cash simply because they can better use their money elsewhere. My point is that dealers normally have nothing to do with these sales incentive offers.
I am not saying there is anything untoward about financing, but folks should understand nothing is "free" about them. As you said, they are offered instead of a discount. Meaning folks lose the discount in favor of the "free" money. In the end it is a zero sum game and if you are getting "free" financing it means the actual cost of borrowing, servicing of the loan, covering defaults and profits for the lender are bundled in your vehicle sales price. Everything gets paid for one way or the other. This helps some consumers and hurts others. Nothing immoral or illegal, just a business model that I don't think serves many customers well.

It's like "no money down" mortgages. They aren't waiving all those costs as an act of charity. They add them on top of your principal and you pay interest on them for 30 years. More profits for them and you end up paying more for your house than you would have otherwise.

Again, while lawful, and useful for some, too few consumers really understand where all the money is going and how they could best make the purchase. "Free" is never charity in a commercial transaction - the cost is always buried somewhere.

Tayschrenn

Equipment
LX2610su |-| La535 QA |-| 60" Bucket |-| PFL2042 |##| JD X580
Oct 28, 2020
Item Name: FS Kubota LX2610

Zip Code: 30115

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 27,000

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 2020 LX2610
32ish hours now.
HST, larger tires from SU model, filled rears, 4wd, FEL, 60” bucket, 2 rear remotes, canopy, Land pride QH15 quick hitch, 5’ Land pride cutter and box scrape (1560 box and 1860 cutter), Everything attachments 55” grapple, summit 3rd function kit, hydraulic top link, HST filter guards, 50hr service filters.
**Trailer NOT included**

[IMG]
HOLY CRAP LOOK HOW CLEAN THAT GRAPPLE CUT THAT TREE DOWN!

Honestly though considering I spent 20k on an SU model with a heck of a lot less than this and didn't even get the larger tires - financing or not, I'm surprised it hasn't sold. Those attachments alone probably add up to what... 10k?

Hope you sell it!

How do you like those HST/HYD Guards? I've been thinking about picking some up before I get my grapple and start clearing my woods.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
HOLY CRAP LOOK HOW CLEAN THAT GRAPPLE CUT THAT TREE DOWN!

Honestly though considering I spent 20k on an SU model with a heck of a lot less than this and didn't even get the larger tires - financing or not, I'm surprised it hasn't sold. Those attachments alone probably add up to what... 10k?

Hope you sell it!

How do you like those HST/HYD Guards? I've been thinking about picking some up before I get my grapple and start clearing my woods.
I’ve had lots of interest here, eBay, tractor house and FB marketplace, but no one has brought me any money. Had a call yesterday, from the Cayman islands about it.

I like the guards. Would be very beneficial before you get in the woods! I knocked my hst filter off in the first 4 hours, I think it was. And that was without the grapple, was just farting around with the bucket.

CKNPRO

Equipment
L4701 HST
Apr 16, 2021
Alabama
I wasn't saying financing doesn't have its place, I was just saying dealers offer this not to help the little guy, but because they make more than market return on the "free loan" and it encourages guys to overbuy. Better to demand a great price and finance at the bank if you are short cash. Unfortunately, in the new car world at least, the dealers are so dependent on the financing profits that they rarely give great cash pricing anymore.
This is true. Dealer I bought my tractor from only offered a $500 cash discount. With the inventory nationwide being what it is, he had zero incentive to negotiate. Supply and demand is a bitch sometimes. I had the cash, but I can make more than the $500 by leaving it where it is.