Kubota L45

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
Hello all

This is my first post on here. I was wondering if anyone else has a Kubota L45 I bought mine back in June and love it. But I have not found anyone else on all the other tractor forums out there that own one. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
That sure is a really nice looking tractor with a LOT of capabilities. However I am more interested in your screen name. Are you a mech or stick jocky?

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yep that's next on my list of thing's to buy right after I win the lottery! Can someone spot me a buck LOL

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yep that's next on my list of thing's to buy right after I win the lottery! Can someone spot me a buck LOL
HEY HEY HEY! Hang on a second, I'm getting a confusing filling here. If you win the lotto do you mean the tractor is next AFTER funding our east coast ho-down? I sure hope so. And if somebody gives you a buck then put it in a jar and save up so we can crash at dmoore's pad.
Forget it, I'll be over at the B7800 thread!

Scott

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
That sure is a really nice looking tractor with a LOT of capabilities. However I am more interested in your screen name. Are you a mech or stick jocky?

Scott
I am a Mech, have work on helicopters for the last 25 years. I am currently the Regional Manager for one of the large ( Life flight services ). My screen name is also my nick name at work ( Among other names Lol!! ). I have been lucky, I have had a good run in the business and it has been good to me.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
#1 is a brand new truck to haul L45 around
#2 a brand new Kubota L45
#3 partyin at dmoores place!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I am a Mech, have work on helicopters for the last 25 years. I am currently the Regional Manager for one of the large ( Life flight services ). My screen name is also my nick name at work ( Among other names Lol!! ). I have been lucky, I have had a good run in the business and it has been good to me.
Good to hear you work for such a great company.

From 87-91 I was in the Army, 67V OH-58's. I got my A&P a couple of months before I got out, and that was THE most important thing I ever did. Unfortunately though I could not find my way in to the rotary wing side after getting out. Life is not without a twist of fate though as I found a job right away working at a heavy transport repair staion. Well, it's been two repair stations, a west coast airline and all fixed wing. These outfits helped me gain the experiance to get where I am now, 13 years working the line for the biggest cargo airline in the world ;)

I still do miss the helicopters though :(

Scott

Last edited:

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
Good to hear you work for such a great company.

From 87-91 I was in the Army, 67V OH-58's. I got my A&P a couple of months before I got out, and that was THE most important thing I ever did. Unfortunately though I could not find my way in to the rotary wing side after getting out. Life is not without a twist of fate though as I found a job right away working at a heavy transport repair staion. Well, it's been two repair stations, a west coast airline and all fixed wing. These outfits helped me gain the experiance to get where I am now, 13 years working the line for the biggest cargo airline in the world ;)

I still do miss the helicopters though :(
Yea, I know what you mean. Its hard to get the helicopters out of your blood. Always something different to work on everyday. We fly only Eurocopter Products. EC 135 , EC 145. The EC 145 is the new one the Army has bought a bunch of. Here is a couple pictures of my other babies.

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Yea, I know what you mean. Its hard to get the helicopters out of your blood. Always something different to work on everyday. We fly only Eurocopter Products. EC 135 , EC 145. The EC 145 is the new one the Army has bought a bunch of. Here is a couple pictures of my other babies.
Those are some sweet looking birds! Is that the type with clamshell doors in the aft? As far as the Army dumping the 58 for the EC 145 I'm not surpised. The 58's were so underpowered it wasn't even funny. If a bird went down for mechanical then recovery was always a pain. We would get the back of the recovery set up with tooling, a mechanic and inspector then the pilot would bitch because he was hitting his torque limits. But they were fun and I had a blast working on them.
I like that ducted fan on your birds, sure reduces the every present danger of a tail rotor strike.

Here is a picture of the flying dump trucks I work on. The left is an MD10 and on the right is an MD11. The picture was taken after a storm moved through. Well, actually it's two pictures stitched together with paint, it's a hack job.

Scott

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
Those are some sweet looking birds! Is that the type with clamshell doors in the aft? As far as the Army dumping the 58 for the EC 145 I'm not surpised. The 58's were so underpowered it wasn't even funny. If a bird went down for mechanical then recovery was always a pain. We would get the back of the recovery set up with tooling, a mechanic and inspector then the pilot would bitch because he was hitting his torque limits. But they were fun and I had a blast working on them.
I like that ducted fan on your birds, sure reduces the every present danger of a tail rotor strike.

Here is a picture of the flying dump trucks I work on. The left is an MD10 and on the right is an MD11. The picture was taken after a storm moved through. Well, actually it's two pictures stitched together with paint, it's a hack job.

Scott

What a great picture!!! , I never have work on any fixed wings, has been all Rotor. But I have a little Brother that works for United in Chicago. Out of O'Hara

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That is a gorgeous picture of the planes, beautiful back drop of the mountains. The "flying dump truck" really got my laughing, I'm a truck driver by trade and I know all to well what its like driving a tandem dump truck down the highway. Down here on the ground we refer to them as "dump buckets"

Oh and Scott the L45 would go on a trailer and hauled to dmoores house, alot faster that way.